Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram2500 diesel P2580

2021Leveled

Reaction score
I have a 2021 dodge ram 2500 with low miles 24,000 and have not towed yet. I did some modifications installed banks intake horn , boost tubes and banks engine air filter housing. The truck sits a lot however today I got a P2580 error for turbo speed sensor. I research it , just wondering if anyone has had same set of circumstances and had the same issue ? Thanks.

flan

Reaction score
These trucks have proven to be fussy with aftermarket intake parts. Have you tried contacting banks customer service to see what they suggest? I’ve heard they can be helpful with issues their hardware has caused. It’s also quite possible your sensor just plain went bad. It should be under warranty.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I would check the connection for the turbo speed sensor and make sure it’s a good and tight.

2021Leveled

Reaction score
I ran an ohm test on the turbo speed sensor itself and and did not get a reading, found a quick test online. What are your thoughts? Online specification says I should be getting a reading 600-1600 ohms , I got 0 making sure I was touching the pins several times. I’m thinking of buying the sensor and replacing myself.

2021Leveled

Reaction score
These trucks have proven to be fussy with aftermarket intake parts. Have you tried contacting banks customer service to see what they suggest? I’ve heard they can be helpful with issues their hardware has caused. It’s also quite possible your sensor just plain went bad. It should be under warranty.
Thanks flan, I did not contact banks about the turbo speed sensor the install was about 8 months ago , I did find an ohm test online and gave it shot I got a zero reading . I’m thinking of replacing the sensor myself.

Users who are viewing this thread