Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 RAM 3500 Tradesman | AEV Prospector | FWC Grandby

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Listening to Dave discuss working with OEMs is pretty interesting and you can tell they spend quite a bit of time and money in R&D. Their bumper is still probably my favorite looking for the HD platform although I prefer it with the AEV flares over the factory flares.

I wish he would have spent some time discussing the suspension on the HD platform. I know he has a video out on it, which I think is great, but wish he addressed the spring "tuning" a bit more and why they didn't want to change spring rate. If you watch some of these AEV equipped rams off road they still have the factory limitations in terms of articulation, and often times you'll see a ram lift a wheel earlier than one would expect. I'm guessing it really just comes down to payload and keeping those numbers where the OEMs want.
It is 100% a payload thing. That’s why they designed their kit around the factory springs.

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
Going to be heading out near there in June...

Blair County Game Fish and Forestry Association.
301 Riggles Gap Sportsmen Rd, Altoona, PA 16601

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Going to be heading out near there in June...

Blair County Game Fish and Forestry Association.
301 Riggles Gap Sportsmen Rd, Altoona, PA 16601
That is about an hour and 15 minutes from Tuscarora...but 10 minutes from my home.

What brings you there in June?

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
What brings you there in June?

After several years of trying to find a venue for a GTG here in Central PA, blacksmith and I have finally found the perfect place for it. I've long-wanted to do one here at my place, I just don't have the propery to do something like that. We have finally found a fantastic place to have a GTG that can allow all the things we love here......chainsaws, campfires and even guns!

We are coining it the first annual "Hawg Days 2022" GTG, the tentative dates are June 10, 11, and 12, 2022.

"Two-strokin', Paper-pokin' and Campfire-stokin' into Summer 2022"

It's at a fantastic local sportsman's association very close to Joe and I (we've felled trees for them before), tucked back in a little gap in the mountain. Plenty of wood to cut and split, some fantastic gun ranges, plenty of camping area, pavilions to get out of the rain should the sky open up, and permission to have a bonfire and campfires.....There's also several nearby motels (literally 15-20 mins away from the site) right off of Interstate 99 for those who don't want to camp, or you can just make a day trip (but we'd rather have yas for the whole weekend!!)

We will plan on having a whole stack of chainsaw racing cants, grilles and smokers, and firepits for cooking whatever we all decide (we are planning on roasting a whole hog), as well as the gun range for those that wish to do some shooting.

There's lots of details to be hashed out yet, we are seeing what kind of interest there is in such an event. We are most likely looking at the second weekend in June, if that date works with most of yas. We need input from YOU, OUR ESTEEMED MEMBERSHIP. We also are posting up for our friends over on [OPE, this may turn into a yearly event if all goes to plan!

What we need right now is yinz to give us some feedback, input and suggestions.....so let's get this thread hoppin!!

UglyViking

Reaction score
Super stoked for this. Absolutely not something I have needed yet but boy if I don't want it. I don't know what I expected it would cost, but boy is it more than expected. Those molds and parts look more complex than I had expected. I wish they had linked the instructions online (assume they plan to) as I'm curious what the other parts are for.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Super stoked for this. Absolutely not something I have needed yet but boy if I don't want it. I don't know what I expected it would cost, but boy is it more than expected. Those molds and parts look more complex than I had expected. I wish they had linked the instructions online (assume they plan to) as I'm curious what the other parts are for.
First thing I did (same as you) was go look for the instructions haha. They’ll get them up because they don’t mail out instructions, they send you to the website for them.

ramblinChet

Drinks Alone
Reaction score
I recently spent three days and two nights exploring much of Bald Eagle State Forest with a close friend - we have been wheeling together for three decades. Most in the mid-Atlantic area, a few times in Moab, etc. We sat around the campfire and laughed about when we began with 2WD vehicles, 28" street tires, open diffs, etc. We have experienced and learned so much over the past thirty years. We have both built some pretty extreme rigs and have a very good idea of what works, what doesn't, and more importantly, why.

We laughed even harder at the guys building their first rigs who are interweb experts - some who have YouTube channels and talk extensively about suspension modifications, tire choices, gearing, lockers, and such. We have both really had lots of fun and are at a much different time in our lives. We don't lay under rigs anymore and bust knuckles. We have hung up the torches and leave the grinders in the big box. We stroke checks and happily pay specialized experts to do our dirty work.

We just drive the rigs on dirt roads now, sit around big campfires, eat like kings, and laugh a lot...

image000000(4).jpg

image000000(3).jpg

image000000(2).jpg

image000000(1).jpg

image000000.jpg

2022-06-26_15.23.54.jpeg

2022-06-26_12.48.43.jpeg

ramblinChet

Drinks Alone
Reaction score
Spent the long weekend in the "Endless Mountains" of Loyalsock, in Pennsylvania. As usual, the AEV Prospector and Four Wheel Camper combo was simply wonderful. Here are a few shots:

I slept last night in a sea of ferns. Rain drops sung me to sleep.
2022-07-02_08.43.12.jpeg

Sand Spring Civilian Conservation Corps Camp
2022-07-02_09.26.57.jpeg

Old stone building with moss on the roof.
2022-07-02_11.30.32.jpeg

Are you on the right path?
2022-07-02_09.30.26.jpeg

Picture Rocks - where Christian Indians once celebrated along the Wyalusing Path while walking to the "City of Peace" on the Beaver River.
2022-07-02_12.50.19.jpeg

Pretty home near Eagles Mere - private community with private lake.
2022-07-02_13.46.13.jpeg

Worlds End State Park
2022-07-02_17.58.01.jpeg

Dry Run Falls
2022-07-02_20.11.24.jpeg

High Knob Overlook - hung out with Mike from Purple Lizard maps.
2022-07-02_20.58.36.jpeg

Old man and young dog on Bearwallow Pond.
2022-07-03_20.16.38.jpeg

ramblinChet

Drinks Alone
Reaction score
Lycoming Creek
2022-07-03_17.17.11.jpeg

Caught these dudes checking out my camp site early in the morning.
2022-07-04_07.48.15.jpeg

Played with this one for a bit and warmed him up in my hands. Of course I licked my hands clean and rubbed my eyes immediately after.
2022-07-04_07.49.12.jpeg

Never saw this before in Pennsylvania.
2022-07-04_18.57.20.jpeg

Life was very hard 150 years ago - only seven days old. McIntyre ghost town in the wild area.
2022-07-04_18.55.51.jpeg

Up in McIntyre Wild Area.
2022-07-05_00.36.02.jpeg

Camping south-west of Bearwallow Pond
2022-07-03_21.22.58.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread