Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram 3500 DRW - Wheel specs and tire upgrade

Band1t

Reaction score
Love the Ram product but do not understand why the wheels and tires are so small on the DRW. I haul a big 5th wheel, and use 80% of my 5,000 lb payload. I've researched all this and have found nothing when it comes to the wheels. I would love to put on a wider tire, but not so wide I need spacers (or the rears stick outside the fender).

1. Stock rims are only 6" wide. Too narrow to upgrade the tire size much. Can anyone tell we the weight rating of the OEM aluminum wheels?
2. What aftermarket wider wheels are out there that have the same weight rating or higher than OEM.
3. How wide a wheel can you go without having rubbing issue or decrease towing capacity which I cannot do.

Attachments

• RV Rig.jpg
    RV Rig.jpg
    548.1 KB · Views: 27

Cseybert

Reaction score
Just my advice having two DRW rams 1997 and 2022 don’t go up in diameter. I don’t care what anybody says you lose torque and you lose horsepower. Everybody says oh you won’t notice it I claim BS.

Band1t

Reaction score
Just my advice having two DRW rams 1997 and 2022 don’t go up in diameter. I don’t care what anybody says you lose torque and you lose horsepower. Everybody says oh you won’t notice it I claim BS.
I agree with diameter. What did you find in width?

Cseybert

Reaction score
On both trucks just went back to Stock tire size.

Firebird

Reaction score
I went with Ion Alloys in 6.5" width and 255/80/17 Toyo AT3's to get a little more tire on my truck. No spacers needed, and nothing hanging out of the fenders.
20221026_114811.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread