Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram 2500 (Diesel) (5th Wheel)

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I have not looked into it but thats the biggest difference. I would have assumed the HD plow prep had a higher coil rate in the front though

One would think so, but there is a thread on here where trucks with and without the snowplow prep have the same part number springs.

All Ram lists the HD Snowplow prep as providing is a single 220A alternator and a transfer case skid plate. I didn’t order it because I was getting dual alternators and just did the skid plate separately.

RAM Stag

Reaction score
New to towing 5th wheels, found a deal on the attached unit but concerned it's over my capacity.

It will just be me and my wife,and dog living in it full time. Any input is appreciated.
If it is over your trucks towing capacity do not by it - that is not a good deal. Or, buy another truck that is equipped to to tow it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread