Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Megacab 2500 Limited Cab "popping"

RogueRam

Reaction score
I have seen the TSB's for the 2019's but I do have the newer updated version, My question is really with the same noise and location of the "popping" experienced with the 2019 post(s), what could actually cause these to "go bad" and if not bad could these have the wrong bolts?

Secondly I did hit a monster pothole with 37's and a Carli leveling kit with their track bar and it caused some extensive suspension issues that had to be replaced. The "popping" did not occur until after this event but the noise is exactly as observed in the YT vid that has been circulated.

Additionally is there a difference in the part numbers from a standard crew cab to the mega cab? Cannot find a supporting website for part number info

Lastly is there an aftermarket option that anybody is aware of?

flan

Reaction score
I’d double check all the torque on the fasteners in the kit you have, also make sure final torque was done with the weight of the vehicle down on the ground so the suspension isn’t loaded up.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Also the parts that had to be removed from damage check the bolt holes in the frame/axle make sure they are not ovaled out

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I have seen the TSB's for the 2019's but I do have the newer updated version, My question is really with the same noise and location of the "popping" experienced with the 2019 post(s), what could actually cause these to "go bad" and if not bad could these have the wrong bolts?

Secondly I did hit a monster pothole with 37's and a Carli leveling kit with their track bar and it caused some extensive suspension issues that had to be replaced. The "popping" did not occur until after this event but the noise is exactly as observed in the YT vid that has been circulated.

Additionally is there a difference in the part numbers from a standard crew cab to the mega cab? Cannot find a supporting website for part number info

Lastly is there an aftermarket option that anybody is aware of?

What TSB?

Are you asking about cab mounts? Your post is not very clear on that.

Users who are viewing this thread