Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Cumins Crankcase Pressure Sensor

PMJohns

Reaction score
I need instructions on how to disconnect the crankcase pressure sensor wire harness connector. I need to replace the CCV filter.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Pull the red tab back and press the release tab to unplug it. But you don't need to disconnect it as the CCV sensor is in the valve cover not the CCV itself

PMJohns

Reaction score
Th
Pull the red tab back and press the release tab to unplug it. But you don't need to disconnect it as the CCV sensor is in the valve cover not the CCV itself
Thank you - the red tab is flush with the edge of the connecter so I could not figure how to pull it out. If I do not disconnect it all the better - it appears to be connected to the coupling hose.

PMJohns

Reaction score
The pressure sensor is connected to breather hose coupler and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the red tab out. There is a small hole on the opposite side of the locking clip that I have not tried to insert a wire into. I wish RAM would stop trying to prevent us from working on the vehicles.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
The pressure sensor is connected to breather hose coupler and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get the red tab out. There is a small hole on the opposite side of the locking clip that I have not tried to insert a wire into. I wish RAM would stop trying to prevent us from working on the vehicles.
You need a pick tool to make it easy its not ram doing anything different than any manufacture.

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Im curious could you post a picture because my CCV sensor is bolted to the valve cover behind the filter not on the tube see image posted. I dont need to disconnect my wiring to change the filter from what i can remember i may have to go look but i do not remember seeing it

Attachments

• 6D8D5091-BDAC-4C35-8BDF-29863278F0A9.jpeg
    6D8D5091-BDAC-4C35-8BDF-29863278F0A9.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

PMJohns

Reaction score
Im curious could you post a picture because my CCV sensor is bolted to the valve cover behind the filter not on the tube see image posted. I dont need to disconnect my wiring to change the filter from what i can remember i may have to go look but i do not remember seeing it
I will send a photo tomorrow. I just finished in the rain and hail. I was able to remove the breather hose and 3 wire retaining clips which gave me enough room to move the cover out of the way so that I could replace the CCV filter. All went well until I dropped the oil filler cap and it fell behind the fan housing -- there is no way to get my hands in there so remove two plastic retainers and a bolt, etc.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I will send a photo tomorrow. I just finished in the rain and hail. I was able to remove the breather hose and 3 wire retaining clips which gave me enough room to move the cover out of the way so that I could replace the CCV filter. All went well until I dropped the oil filler cap and it fell behind the fan housing -- there is no way to get my hands in there so remove two plastic retainers and a bolt, etc.
I just checked i do have it on this truck i must have been thinking about my older 6.7, why they have 2 sensors for CC pressure is just silly to me

Users who are viewing this thread