Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 ac issue's

Anderson36

Reaction score
Just picked up my 2021 ram cc 4x4 tradesman after waiting three months to get it the fan barely blows any air and the ac is not cold at all. Has anyone else had any issue's with their ac. Taking it back to the dealer tomorrow

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Picked up our 2021 end of May and it has been ok thus far but no real hot weather yet. It'll be 100+ this week so testing the system should be easy now haha

Pronto

Reaction score
Mine seems alright but I haven't tested it in triple digit weather yet. Sounds like you have something malfunctioning.

BamaGuy

Reaction score
Picked up a 2021 6 weeks ago and have been less than impressed with the AC. The only way for it to keep up is to turn the fan way up and leave it on MAX.

BroKV

Reaction score
I have a 2021 2500 purchased in May. It is supposed to be 117° today, no issue. In fact, I have to turn the fan speed down to 3 after a little bit as it is too cold. Usually turn on my seat heater as well, it is great for my sciatica.

Sounds like some of you have serious issues, warranty for sure. Hope you guys all the best in dealing with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SL1

Reaction score
I have a 2021 I received in June and the a/c works great!
Having said that, I had a 2020 1500 prior that had the auto climate controls and it didn't work near as well as the 2021 trucks simple version of manual controls( three knobs). The 2020 I had also made some funky sounds after shutdown...like letting air out of a balloon. I got some funny looks from people walking by after I would park. I think the a/c blend doors in that truck had some issues. Dealer still said they couldn't find anything wrong so I just drove it knowing I would be trading for a 2500 in a year.

palm22

Reaction score
I have a 2021 received in April. The AC is plenty cold but there is an odd quirk. When using a map program through Apple Car Play, anytime the program speaks, the blower shuts off then comes back up after the directions are given. I’ll discuss with my dealer service at the next oil change. Has anybody else noticed this?

Burton12387

Reaction score
I have a 2021 received in April. The AC is plenty cold but there is an odd quirk. When using a map program through Apple Car Play, anytime the program speaks, the blower shuts off then comes back up after the directions are given. I’ll discuss with my dealer service at the next oil change. Has anybody else noticed this?

This sounds like normal operation. The fan speed auto changes to low when your audio system is giving any type of audible command. And speeds back up after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BroKV

Reaction score
I don’t think my fan speed changes when receiving directions. But when use voice commands for text or calls it does drop and come back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

boatdude1

Reaction score
I have a 2021 3500 H.O. The A/C is not very cold and I have to run the fan on high all the time to stay cool. It has been 100-110 degrees for weeks and the A/C is terrible. My Toyota A/C runs circles around this truck. Thinking about trying the valve in the heater hose to see if it helps.

DRAGRAM

Reaction score
I have a 2021 3500 H.O. The A/C is not very cold and I have to run the fan on high all the time to stay cool. It has been 100-110 degrees for weeks and the A/C is terrible. My Toyota A/C runs circles around this truck. Thinking about trying the valve in the heater hose to see if it helps.
Ditto. Mine is terrible and I DO NOT like to be cold. Any other Vehicle I have had car or truck I get too cold. This Truck the AC is WEAK at best. The Dealer could not fix it. They just gave it back and said it's how it is=normal.

Users who are viewing this thread