Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 5500 no oil pressure

Nabes68

Reaction score
So my fan clutch hub bearing went out and it threw the serpentine belt. Nothing was damaged luckily. While at it since I have almost 173,000 miles I changed the water pump, tensioner pulley and serpentine belt.

When it broke I lost oil pressure at the same time as I was coasting to a stop I was going down Donner pass so my main concern was getting my load stopped. I noticed the oil pressure at 0 but also service electric throttle control. And also the push button to start screen popped up at the same time.

Everything is back together sounds good but it still shows the service electronic throttle control and 0 psi and the push brake to start screen on.

What could cause this? Running and fluctuation of no power when the belt came off the
alternators?

I have a video I can put on YouTube and send the link the file it to large for the thread.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I would look for a damaged wire harness on the front of the engine.

Nabes68

Reaction score
I would look for a damaged wire harness on the front of the engine.
I looked before I put it back together. Even the crank sensor looks good wires are fine.

Last edited:

Nabes68

Reaction score
It’s also cranking over longer before it starts.

Nabes68

Reaction score
I think it’s my crankshaft sensor. Looks like it isn’t flat like normal.

Attachments

• IMG_1856.jpeg
    IMG_1856.jpeg
    396.1 KB · Views: 22

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I think it’s my crankshaft sensor. Looks like it isn’t flat like normal.
That may do it but its still odd. The oil pressure sender is on the side of the block and the throttle valve is on the intake so i would say the belt took out more than you can see

Nabes68

Reaction score
That may do it but its still odd. The oil pressure sender is on the side of the block and the throttle valve is on the intake so i would say the belt took out more than you can see
I have looked at the oil pressure sending unit it looks fine and in touched. There is no possible way to hit that unit.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score

Which is why I’m guessing a wiring harness or ground got taken out.

Users who are viewing this thread