Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram CP failure

D

Deleted member 80

they told me parts are on back order so who knows.
As of a week ago, when someone else claimed the 2-3 month backorder on parts, someone from FCA, on another forum, looked it up, and said most of the components were available immediately, and a few were a week or so out.

sethro91

Reaction score
hopefully they get them sooner tired of not having my truck. not like they have gotten me a rental or anything.

Tschneid62

Reaction score
I am getting ready to place an order for a $62000 truck and now I am wondering if I am doing the right thing. Doesn’t FCA monitor these forums? Maybe someone from Ram can speak up about this issue. ??

sethro91

Reaction score
I am getting ready to place an order for a $62000 truck and now I am wondering if I am doing the right thing. Doesn’t FCA monitor these forums? Maybe someone from Ram can speak up about this issue. ??
got 30k miles out of mine before broke it's being covered under warranty so atleast they will warranty it

Jim's 3500 Ram

Reaction score
Ever since they came out with low sulfur ( which is the lubricant in diesel ) I have used additives that add lubercocity to the fuel . The fuel companies are supposed to add it to the fuel but who knows if that does or doesn't happen . i have owned big rigs before and after low sulfur fuel also 2 rams . put additive in all and never had a pump problem .
Morning what additive brand are you using?

ironmike

Reaction score
So this just happened. 2020 Ram 3500 HO. 20k miles. Zero warning or symptoms. Lost throttle response pulled over 200 miles from home. Engine died. Zero start after death. Dash warning is "Service Electronic Throttle Control". Towed home. Called 3 dealers immediately next day, Ram, Dodge & Chrysler stated they cannot get truck in to diagnose for over 2 weeks+.. I understand holiday season back log. Confirmed that the CP4 has definitely failed and destroyed fuel system. I hear the recall is dead due to no parts or repair procedure in place. What do you guys know are my options? I need this daily driver back asap. Its a $90k paper weight thus far. Extremely disappointed!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4359.jpg
    IMG_4359.jpg
    585.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4360.jpg
    IMG_4360.jpg
    509.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4361.jpg
    IMG_4361.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4362.jpg
    IMG_4362.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 33

Nick

Reaction score
I know it is of little consolation but l feel for you . I have the same year and model . I would get ahold of someone at headquarters if possible . I hope someone can help you this is definitely unsatisfactory.

ironmike

Reaction score
I know it is of little consolation but l feel for you . I have the same year and model . I would get ahold of someone at headquarters if possible . I hope someone can help you this is definitely unsatisfactory.
Thx for sure… I was hoping to get process started asap as I extremely need a rental truck of like kind… ‍♂️‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread