Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ram 5500

Adamsrepair1

Reaction score
Hi my name is Justin , I have a ram 5500 tradesman c&c. So bought this truck new and put a service bed on it because I’m a self employed mobile heavy equipment mechanic. So far I’ve been extremely impressed with the truck itself however the dealers only care about the initial sale after that you’re just another guy off the street. So at 32000 miles I put on my third set of tires and took the truck to get it aligned at the local tire and alignment shop. The tech said the ball joints were bad , so I called my dealer and scheduled an appointment since i paid 3550 $ for the so called bumper to bumper warranty . They maid me an appointment for two weeks later , dropped truck off then at 4 pm they service guy called and said that they only found one bad but they were going to order all 4 however they were on back order so they would call when they arrived. Truck has 113000 on it now and still no ball joints or call, at 90000 miles I took it to a different dealer to get h the high pressure pump recall done due to the truck throws random code and sometimes feels like it’s surging in a hard pull. Got the truck back and ever since it has extended cranking times and suddenly it showing regeneration in process . Took it back to the dealer told them that something’s not right . They claimed that it was a air restriction due to the s&b aftermarket air filter that it has on it , two weeks later it says dpf filter full see dealer and derated , called dealer they made me appointment a week later , dropped truck off and about 4pm they called and said ohh the turbocharger has failed and there are none to be found , on back order and don’t know when will arrive by this point it’s turned 100000 miles so I picked up the truck and left the dealer in derate brought home found reman turbo on Monday and installed myself , it regened and off I went truck had always used excessive amount of def but up intil they performed the hpfp recall never showed the regeneration in process light now it’s on and been on for a week , went to Raleigh nc yesterday and the in process was lit up all the way there and back home and on today says dpf nearly full

flan

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Users who are viewing this thread