Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ordering?

litzdog911

Reaction score
I see some of you posting estimated delivery times. Are you finding that out through Chat or your Build Sheet? At what stage is that information typically available?
Thanks!

Chat will only provide the current status, not an estimated delivery. Your dealer can provide more details.

Jugular

Reaction score
Thanks guys...looks like I should reach out to the dealer around the KZ stage.

TheRAMadaINN

Reaction score
I’ve been D1 since 12/20.

1/10 dealer informed me of estimated ship date of 1/19. It’s basically 1/15, seems optimistic to ship 1/19. Crossing my fingers tho!

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
Just got off the chat with RAM care and while they can give you some info on the build they no longer have access to see the codes! If anyone else checks their order today let us know if you get the same response regarding code status.

Compshooter

Reaction score
Okay, LONG post, but I'm still new to Rams and I'm trying to get a full understanding of the ordering system and what is/is not included with each trim and level. And if it is anything like the Jeep system, the online builder isn't always the most accurate.

With the 2019 builder, it looked like I wanted a Laramie, but with the 2020, it looks like the Big Horn is better for me. I'll explain my options below, and maybe you all can shed some light on things I may be missing.

To start, I want the standard Cummins, 4.10 gears, Night edition, Tow Tech, and Alpine Sound System regardless to which I order. 5 passenger seating is preferred, but that seems to be a problem with the Laramie. Leather trimmed is also preferred, but that seems to be a non-option with the Big Horn....

ANYWAY, here are the 2 I built:

2020 Laramie 3500 CC 4x4 6'-4" Box ($73120 MSRP)
  • Std Cummins
  • 4.10 Gears
  • Air Suspension
  • Dual Alternators
  • Protection Group
  • Cold Weather Group
  • Tow Tech Group
  • Level 1 Group
  • Night Edition
  • 5th Wheel Prep
  • Clearance Lamps
  • LED Bed Lighting
  • Rubber Floor Mats
  • Aux Switches
The downfall here is this only allows 6 passenger seating, unless I add Level 2 group (I don't want the 17 speaker audio, 2nd row seat heaters, rain sensitive wipers, or Nav). This also adds $2840 to the cost. There are a lot of things I also like about Level 2, but don't necessarily need.

2020 Big Horn 3500 CC 4x4 6'-4" box ($71925 MSRP)
  • Std Cummins
  • 4.10 Gears
  • Air Suspension
  • Dual Alternators
  • Protection Group
  • Cold Weather Group
  • Premium Lighting Group
  • Tow Tech Group
  • Level 2 Group
  • Night Edition
  • 5th Wheel Prep
  • Clearance Lamps
  • LED Bed Lighting
  • 5-Passenger Cloth Seating
  • 9-Speaker Apline Sound
  • Rubber Floor Mats
  • Aux Switches
I have to add a lot more to the Big Horn to get some of the same options of the Laramie, but it still comes out cheaper, especially compared to the Level 2 for the Laramie. ($1195 and $4035 cheaper, respectively)

What am I missing? If I go with the Big Horn, what is different from the Laramie even with all of the similar options I've added to the 2?

Keep in mind with 4.10 gears you get a dually. Single rear axle gets 3.73 gears. I wish it weren't true but considering before we got 3.42 gears, I'll take the 3.73s.

BeeLDub

Reaction score
Keep in mind with 4.10 gears you get a dually. Single rear axle gets 3.73 gears. I wish it weren't true but considering before we got 3.42 gears, I'll take the 3.73s.

So is that one of the online builder issues? Because it lets me add 4.10s to a SRW. NBD either way, that's something I can change on my own later.

Klinger

Reaction score
My 2020 I ordered 11/13 is now somewhere 40 miles from me but won’t get till next week. It has 50 gal tank and air suspension 3500 Limited CC 8’ bed 6.7 HO.

jsalbre

Reaction score

SRW ca definitely get 4.10s, because there’s one sitting in my drive right now! :cool:

Unfortunately I did‘t get home till late last night, and started working early this morning, so the only pics I have right now are from when I pulled up next to it at the dealership and one I snapped downtown last night. I’ll be sure to take more this afternoon.

Put just over 300 miles on her driving from the dealership near DC back down to Raleigh, so she’s broken in now too! Drives like an absolute dream, especially compared to the Wrangler Rubicon I drove on the way up (don’t get me wrong, I adored my rubi, but she wouldn’t pull much). It’ll drive even better once I get the tires down from 85 psi. Meant to do that at the dealership but I forgot in the excitement.

Anywho, more thoughts and pics to come later!

Edit: Ok, can’t get pics to load from my iPad for some reason, so I’ll post them later!

Last edited:

redman

Reaction score
SRW ca definitely get 4.10s, because there’s one sitting in my drive right now! :cool:

Unfortunately I did‘t get home till late last night, and started working early this morning, so the only pics I have right now are from when I pulled up next to it at the dealership and one I snapped downtown last night. I’ll be sure to take more this afternoon.

Put just over 300 miles on her driving from the dealership near DC back down to Raleigh, so she’s broken in now too! Drives like an absolute dream, especially compared to the Wrangler Rubicon I drove on the way up (don’t get me wrong, I adored my rubi, but she wouldn’t pull much). It’ll drive even better once I get the tires down from 85 psi. Meant to do that at the dealership but I forgot in the excitement.

Anywho, more thoughts and pics to come later!

Edit: Ok, can’t get pics to load from my iPad for some reason, so I’ll post them later!
I think the Cummins SRW will only get 3.73 and to get the 4.10 you'll need a dually. However the 6.4 you can get in SRW 4.10.

redman

Reaction score
So is that one of the online builder issues? Because it lets me add 4.10s to a SRW. NBD either way, that's something I can change on my own later.
The online builder will let you add it, but it will change your engine to the hemi unless you pick the dually or max tow package which is also the dually. if you really want 4.10 on the cummins srw youll have to regear aftermarket.

traildude

Reaction score
2020 Laramie 2500 with air suspension ordered on 1/9, D status on 1/10 w/vin number. Currently D1 status with estimated ship date of 2/3

Klinger

Reaction score
I ordered 11/13. Limited 6.7 HO max tow with 4.10. What’s sad is truck has made it from Mexico to 40 miles from my house and can’t get till next week. I stayed in F status 3 weeks over the holidays.

TheRAMadaINN

Reaction score
Progress, finally!

I've been in D1 since 12/20, I checked on 1/17 and I was still D1.
This morning I got my build sheet and window sticker, truck is built and passed inspection with an estimated delivery 1/29-2/12!

litzdog911

Reaction score
Progress, finally!

I've been in D1 since 12/20, I checked on 1/17 and I was still D1.
This morning I got my build sheet and window sticker, truck is built and passed inspection with an estimated delivery 1/29-2/12!

Congratulations!
My 2500 Limited, ordered 11/14, has been stuck in D1 for nearly a month :(

Users who are viewing this thread