Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 3500 HO exhaust... need it louder

jfelten029

Reaction score
I have looked through a few threads but I am hoping someone has some new information. Is there anyway to make my truck louder without voiding my warranty? I have a 2020 Ram 3500 HO Cummins. I know these trucks don't have a muffler but are there any other options? There's all these "dpf back" kits out there but that doesn't make much sense since it already is straight piped from the DPF back from the factory right? I WANT MORE LOUDER!!

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
only one way to get more noise... even then, these trucks aren't loud at all.

I run a 30" fte resonator and its still uber quiet, considering....

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
Here ya go :D

MtnRider

Reaction score
I have looked through a few threads but I am hoping someone has some new information. Is there anyway to make my truck louder without voiding my warranty? I have a 2020 Ram 3500 HO Cummins. I know these trucks don't have a muffler but are there any other options? There's all these "dpf back" kits out there but that doesn't make much sense since it already is straight piped from the DPF back from the factory right? I WANT MORE LOUDER!!

There is No way to make it louder without deleting and tuning which voids your warranty (and is illegal) Your current exhaust system has a DPF (closest to the engine) and then a SCR (closer to the rear) and they cannot be removed (without the above mentioned consequences). DPF back kits are for deleted trucks, it remove both of the items I mentioned.
I also would not even entertain voiding the warranty on a 2020 either given the looming CP4 issues. That could be costly if it failed out of warranty.

Enjoy the quiet, you will eventually grow out of the "loud car" stage of your life.

Last edited:

JC82 HD2500

Reaction score
Do whatever you want with your truck...delete, tune, etc., just be aware of the consequences.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
There is No way to make it louder without deleting and tuning which voids your warranty (and is illegal) Your current exhaust system has a DPF (closest to the engine) and then a SCR (closer to the rear) and they cannot be removed (without the above mentioned consequences). DPF back kits are for deleted trucks, it remove both of the items I mentioned.
I also would not even entertain voiding the warranty on a 2020 either given the looming CP4 issues. That could be costly if it failed out of warranty.

Enjoy the quiet, you will eventually grow out of the "loud car" stage of your life.

Dpf back kits go behind the SCR in these trucks despite what they are called and they are emissions intact and will not void warranty in my experience i have never had an issue with after market exhausts and warranty

Reactions: CFE

Users who are viewing this thread