Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 2500 Laramie Hemi

DogBoySlim

Reaction score
I have a Wrangler JLUR that I've been driving to-from the trail. As most of my jeep partners have broken things and had to tow their rigs home, I figure its just a matter of time before I explode something on the Jeep. Enter the 2500. The Jeep weighs in around 6k lbs loaded, 5.5 without passengers. Car haulers run in the 2-3k range, so I wanted to tow up to 9k lbs and have a truck full of people, luggage, tools, bikes, extra gas (due to tiny 31 gal fueltank for towing).

After looking at the Ford/GM models, I decided on the Ram mostly because I could get what I wanted at a lower price, and it would still fit in my garage ... barely.

I'm going to put a retrax cover on the bed and some mudflaps. I may get a ladder rack to carry our kayak too, but that would be later. Otherwise, its going to stay pretty much stock. All my mod money goes to the jeep.

B1C138BD-028E-4609-8B7F-5FFC4665907F_1_105_c.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread