Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Cummins cold weather high idle

Daybreak

Reaction score
Howdy,

2019 Ram 6.7L Cummins
1. Simply push the cruise control on the steering wheel.
2. push the 'SET" button
3. you can raise the idle higher by hitting the "+" button. Each press raises a little more. I have found the upper limit to be around 1500rpm

Of course hitting cancel, or touching the brake shuts it off.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
i'm just glad fca enabled the manual high idle from the factory. i had to install it against the cruise control on my
1st gen, and you had to make a homemade workaround on my 3rd gen, if you wanted manual h.i.

D

Deleted member 80

On my '05 I had to have the dealer enable it with the DRB, or whatever the dealer scan tool was at that time.

AKDoug

Reaction score
Mine comes up on it's own. You can go higher if you need to by using the cruise control. The truck warms up remarkably quickly for such a big diesel.

Daybreak

Reaction score
Howdy,
Yes, the engine warm up does have a automatic higher idle built in. This is a additional manual method.

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
The truck warms up remarkably quickly for such a big diesel.

Indeed it does. Impressed thus far with warm-up performance at temps just below freezing. Curious to see how she does when the mercury plummets (it will) and the block heater is doing its thing.

Users who are viewing this thread