Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram 3500 transmission issue?

Sstiller

Reaction score
Hey guys I am looking for some help. My 2019 ram 3500 with the 68rfe trans seems to shift hard when the line locks for 4th. I never really thought much of it till today. It was stuck in 4th (with the line locked and would not shift up. I slowed down and got it to down shift no issues it has only done it once but I'm an automotive hypochondriac. With the known issues of this trans and no codes on the dash I hit the search feature. All the issues where with older trucks and found anything from shift solenoid to tcm to tcm flash to trans wiring harness. My truck has about 25k miles and thought it would last a lot long before having issues. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Hey guys I am looking for some help. My 2019 ram 3500 with the 68rfe trans seems to shift hard when the line locks for 4th. I never really thought much of it till today. It was stuck in 4th (with the line locked and would not shift up. I slowed down and got it to down shift no issues it has only done it once but I'm an automotive hypochondriac. With the known issues of this trans and no codes on the dash I hit the search feature. All the issues where with older trucks and found anything from shift solenoid to tcm to tcm flash to trans wiring harness. My truck has about 25k miles and thought it would last a lot long before having issues. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks
The only “known issues” with the 68rfe is with the older trucks the 19+ has been pretty much issue free other than the one recall

Sstiller

Reaction score
How fast did you go trying for the up shift? Were you towing?
No not towing I drove a little not a lot the high rpms is what got my attention so I pushed a bit more(within reason) and I would have expected a shift up. The truck has lost a bit of weight shortly after the purchase but performance wise that and a cold air is all I have done.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
What tuner did you use some tuners have issues with trans tuning like optimal welding tunes his delete tunes turn the line pressure up to much i hear

Sstiller

Reaction score
What tuner did you use some tuners have issues with trans tuning like optimal welding tunes his delete tunes turn the line pressure up to much i hear
I think mm3 but the guy used to work at Anarchy diesel. Shop didn't give me a lot of info for obvious reasons. I do have a CTS3 to watch everything which is how I know what gear

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I think mm3 but the guy used to work at Anarchy diesel. Shop didn't give me a lot of info for obvious reasons. I do have a CTS3 to watch everything which is how I know what gear
Your evic can tell you what gear too.... id see if they have trans tuning if so id see if they can drop the trans tunes

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
You don't think divulging the truck has a tune would help when asking questions?

SMH.

Did it work before you messed with it?

Sstiller

Reaction score
Didn't drive it long and they said that it's not a mechanical issue they would talk to the tuning guy and see what he says

Users who are viewing this thread