Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram 3500 alfaobd i cant complete a trans relearn.

sethclark

Reaction score
I tuned my truck and was advised to do a quick learn on the trans. I attempted to due so using an alfaobd program. I followed the directions and attempted to do a trans relearn.

As it says I had the truck warmed up, in park with the parking brake on and my foot on the brake. And selected to start the trans quick learn. It then instructed me to place the gear selector in drive and press ok on the screen. I did so then..... absolutely nothing. I waited quite a long time, maybe half an hour at which I figured my phone froze or something. So I decided to retry.

Upon restart i got a trans code Stating incomplete trans calibration( p1679) which makes sense. But now the truck is not ussable as the trans shifts horribly, huge shift flares on gear changes. I only drove around the block and proceeded to try many times to quick learn the aisin. All attempts go exactly as the first one.

Am I missing something? Has anyone completed this on the aisin with the alfa obd? If so could you point me in the right direction?

R.Duff7

Reaction score
Mine did that the other week after I messed up changing my wheel tire size etc.

Had to take it to the dealer and they did the quick learn. I tried tons of times and it just doesn't work on alfa it seems with the aisins.

Maybe if you have access or know someone with a snap on scanner or witech they could do it.

1000007977.jpg

sethclark

Reaction score
Ok I guess I'll have to do that. Thank you. I was hoping to avoid my local dealer as they are slow as can be. Probably gonna take 3 days to quick learn the truck.

Last edited:

lenh22

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Did the dealer fix the problem?

R.Duff7

Reaction score
I'll find the work order from my dealer and see what it says. Maybe that'll help

R.Duff7

Reaction score
This is what my dealer did. Maybe it'll help your dealer out.
1000013418.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread