Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ram 2500 wobble after few hours of driving

erick909626

Reaction score
I've changed nearly everything except front axle u joints. I hear a clicking in drivers side when jacked up and spinning tire.

When I drive after a few hours it wobbles at freeway speeds and is Jerky.

Full new suspension.
3 sets of tires .
2 sets of rims
New ball joints
New front and rear track bar
Upgraded tie rods
New level kit
New wheel bearings front

phatboy64

Reaction score
Also, has it been doing it since day one, if not when did it start, what if any changes were made prior to it starting

erick909626

Reaction score
2019 ram 2500 diesel long bed 4x4 big horn non HO . bought used w 40k miles . it had a level kit on it and off set after market wheels. I put air bags on rear for towing and in about 10k miles the front tires cupped on the outter edge. I then bought new used take off wheels and tires from a power wagon and a rear track bar because the airbags raised it a bit. 1000 miles later the wobble came back. I noticed the ball joints had play. So I threw the sink at it new ball joints . Front track bar. New front sway bar. Carli level kit New springs all around . All upgrades drag link amd tie rod ends. Upper amd lower stabler. The 1st drive still wobble. So I got front drive shaft Balanced. And did both wheel bearings and another set of tires . This was good for about 7 hours driving then I felt wobble trying to cone back. Last trip was 5 hours and wobble is back strong . I ordered new u joints and don't know what to do anymore.

I've been to 8 stores getting work or inspections pro professionals. I've had 3 alignments over the year I've owend the truck I check the front diff it drained clear for awhile . Then the end drained sparkly metallic. The front drive tire clicks when it's jacked and spinning. So I ordered new axle shafts. It's a money pit and every pro says it's fine

jsalbre

Reaction score
Well, for starters dual stabilizers won’t help anything. They just hide problems. Unless you’re running massive oversized tires the factory stabilizer is just fine.

You also should go get the truck aligned to “Thuren specs”. The factory specs call for too much toe, which will cup the tires.

You’ve also got a lot of random suspension parts in there. A suspension is a system and all the parts need to work together properly for it to function well. It’s going to be hard to diagnose the way it is, and my suggestion would be to put it back to stock and see if the issue goes away, or take it to a place that really knows their stuff with truck suspensions. Not just any common mechanic or alignment shop. It’s likely that one or more of those components is causing the issue.

Last edited:

erick909626

Reaction score
I've been to real suspension shops time and again . I have printed out the the thuren alignment asked thuren to recommend a shop in my area and did that . I've called cjc offroad and have gone to there recommend shop in my area

cj8rockcrawler

Reaction score
The clicking makes me think wheel bearing or u joint. It sounds like you've addressed the wheel bearing already.

Are the brake rotors warped?

There are other charts to use too, but I always go back to one like this in these situations to make sure I'm not overlooking something simple...

1715078630370.png

phatboy64

Reaction score
If you haven’t read through the following links I would check them out. I would also give the guys at Carli or CJC a call before I spent any more money on the problem. These guys spend all day long preventing the issue you are are having…

erick909626

Reaction score
If you haven’t read through the following links I would check them out. I would also give the guys at Carli or CJC a call before I spent any more money on the problem. These guys spend all day long preventing the issue you are are having…

I've called cjc many times. Some of them are helpful some are short and have to time to talk one dude told me they dont even have time to look at it. they recommend me to go to liberty off road and I did get most of my work done at cjcs recommend shop

Users who are viewing this thread