Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 2500 fuel system failure

Rsolo 2019 Ram

Reaction score
Fifteenth months of owning my 2019 Ram 2500 with 18,000 miles was great until it left me and my family on the side of busy enterstate 75 outside of Macon Ga. This was supposed to be good day everyone was excited we were going to pick up our new dog 20 minutes from Savanah Ga. Trucks cruise control was on 70 mph and we've been driving for more that two hours then all of a sudden the truck starts to slow down and I pull of to the shoulder on a very busy enterstate. The truck shuts off and would not restart. I called Ram road side they schedule us a tow truck to drop us off at the nearest Ram dealership, 5 star Chrysler in Macon Ga. After sitting and waiting for the tow truck 3 hours in the middle of nowhere wife two kids as my youngest is special needs so this was really a terrible situation to be in not knowing how this could happen in a year old truck I do a good job of with the maintenance. We finally get to the dealership and because it's Saturday not to many people are working including the diesel Mechanic. Another mechanic familiar with these trucks did take a look and said it was a fuel system failure with metal shavings in the system. How do you pay 70k for these trucks and not told 1 in 1000 or so chance this will happen to your truck by the salesman, dealership, Ram ooohhhh yeah its about selling trucks screw the customer. It's been a week from 5/8/21 since this happened I spoke to my assigned care person that is supposed to keep me informed on repairs and time line but something is definitely going on internally with Ram. They told me the dealership is in contact with the engineers as to how to proceed but I'm left in the dark not knowing anything or getting anyone at the dealership or customer care to call me back. My truck is sitting two hours away I'm still waiting to see when they can get me a rental so in the mean time I have to borrow a friend's truck to keep working and put food on the table in this crazy reality were living in. As a consumer what recourse do we have or do we just say oh well [mod deleted] !!! I use my truck as a tool for my business and with out the proper tools someone else with the proper tools gets the job. So this is personal for me Ram... fix my *** *** truck get me a loaner or buy the dam thing back. I use to be a loyal owner but no more this put me and my family in a bad spot not knowing whats going to happen or how long this will take to resolve.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210509-134917_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20210509-134917_Messages.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 20210508_123735.jpg
    20210508_123735.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 56
Last edited by a moderator:

MtnRider

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Georgia lemon states the dealer has the opportunity to make a "reasonable" amount of attempts to repair the vehicle so they are not just going to buy it back at this point. I'm sure it will get repaired but the reality is there is a world wide part shortage so that could be a factor in them getting parts and how long it takes to repair? 5 star in Macon can be hit of miss also, I'm in the area and have used them a couple of times (nothing major on my truck) but they are a small dealer (and it's Macon) so they can be hit or miss. Best of luck.

Greenhills

Reaction score
I've seen alot of these posts lately, many ending in "I used to be a loyal Ram customer, not anymore!".

Don't fool yourself and think you would be treated any different by any other brand. Sorry to hear about your new truck, this is why I no longer own a vehicle off of warranty.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Internet rants don't generally yield many results.

Please also file a complaint with NHTSA and reach out to @RamCares to lodge your grievance.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
@Rsolo 2019 Ram,
Our team is so sorry to hear about this experience! We would love to offer additional assistance with this. Please private message Ram Cares with your VIN to get started. Let's work on finding a solution together!

Also, thank you to @Brutal_HO for also bringing this to our attention.

Hannah
Ram Cares

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Another cp4 bites the dust.

Sorry to hear OP.. Im sure you'll get taken care of.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your new truck, this is why I no longer own a vehicle off of warranty.
I totally would keep my truck past warranty if it had no issues during the warranty period. And I would not let dealers wrench monkeys touch it.

Users who are viewing this thread