Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 2500 diesel " high pressure fuel pump recall"- my truck has been at the dealer 4 days for this recall-any of u dealing with this?

Ram Beau1

Reaction score
My truck has been at Sudbay Ram in Gloucester Massachusetts 4 days for this recall of hi pressure fuel pump replacement -any of you dealing with this now?

flan

Reaction score
Have you contacted the dealer and asked why?

MtnRider

Reaction score
They probably have a backlog of work and not enough workers (very common in this "new normal"). I'd bet it's just sitting there. Have you contacted them to ask? People are waiting weeks if not months for appointments these days.

Ram Beau1

Reaction score
Have you contacted the dealer and asked why?
I picked it up today. They said it was the first hi pressure fuel pump recall they did and it was very involved.Hopefully thats the end of the story

Ram Beau1

Reaction score
They probably have a backlog of work and not enough workers (very common in this "new normal"). I'd bet it's just sitting there. Have you contacted them to ask? People are waiting weeks if not months for appointments these days.

Picked truck up today, dealer stated it was the first hi pressure fuel pump recall they did and it was very involved.Hopefully end of story.

flan

Reaction score
Ok good to hear! It took longer than usual. Maybe a tool was needed they did not have. Anyway better then them rushing things. Enjoy!

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
So they turned a 4 hr job in to a 4 day job thats awesome way to do buisness

Ram Beau1

Reaction score
Book time is 4hrs with an added .5hr for dual alternators and also .5 for adaptive steering so at most 5hrs from FCA to the dealer so any longer taken is unpaid

They did mine in 7-8hrs and they did a good job so im ok with the time taken
So I wonder wtf they were doing all that time.........what state r u in? not that it matters

flan

Reaction score
So I wonder wtf they were doing all that time.........what state r u in? not that it matters
He’s in a province or territory (whatever the difference is idk) under the rule of Honorable Justin Trudeau :p

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Mine dual alt truck took half a day, not exactly sure how many hrs as my DW dropped it off after dropping our son off at school in the morning, they gave her a ride home and then sent a car to pick her up in afternoon and she got our son back at the usual time so about 5-6 hrs. Alberta the Texas of Canada (f**k J. Turdeau).

flan

Reaction score
My Ram is a 2019 Limited diesel crewcab with Rambox-what model is ur Ram? Im concerned with front sensors getting blocked etc in new bumper
I have a lowly tradesman. No park sensors here. Although the aev bumper does have provisions for them.

Ram2500diesel

Reaction score
Mine dual alt truck took half a day, not exactly sure how many hrs as my DW dropped it off after dropping our son off at school in the morning, they gave her a ride home and then sent a car to pick her up in afternoon and she got our son back at the usual time so about 5-6 hrs. Alberta the Texas of Canada (f**k J. Turdeau).
Now that sounds like good service.

Users who are viewing this thread