Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Laramie vs Limited

archer75

Reaction score
I'm trying to find exactly what the differences are between these two trims. You could order a laramie with all the options and come close to a limited but there are things that are only available on the limited. I know the limited has bi-direction headlights. And a different grill obviously. I imagine the wheels are different too.
I've heard the leather is different? What else?

With both maxed out there's about a $6000 difference between the two.

Last edited:

texas.yankee

Reaction score
The "details" of the interior will be different. Some nuances like the trim and bezels being upgraded, leather in more spots, floor mats being a higher quality, etc.

Zinga

Reaction score
The biggest difference I noticed, which you noticed, is that Limited gets adaptive headlamps. If you order a Laramie, you cannot add adaptive headlamps as an option.

Also, if you order a Limited or a Laramie Longhorn, it only comes with bucket seats. I would have paid the extra money for either if I could have ordered it without the center console (40/20/40 front seat).

archer75

Reaction score
Yeah I really like the headlights, seats and grill on the limited. But I don't like the decorative stitching on the door panels or the wood trim on the interior. I do like the 40/20/40 front seat on the laramie which is what I have now and it's made the difference on several occasions between taking 1 vehicle instead of having to take 2.

Last edited:

Zinga

Reaction score
My wife has adaptive/directional headlamps on her Lincoln and the lighting is so much better on corners.

Zinga

Reaction score
If the Laramie's electronics work with the adaptive headlamps and the wiring exists for the control modules, I'll add them myself sometime in the future. All that would be needed are two expensive headlamps and two control modules.

Dan

Reaction score
I'm changing from a 2019 1500 Limited to a 3500 Laramie. The Limited interior is very nice but it is also not as durable. The door panel trim seems too delicate and is already showing signs of wear/damage at only 10,000km. My Husky decided to look out the driver's rear window once by standing on the top of the panel, it didn't scratch it but left permanent indentations in the padding underneath. My '15 3500 Laramie looked immaculate after 3 years of having the dog back there.

archer75

Reaction score
I'm changing from a 2019 1500 Limited to a 3500 Laramie. The Limited interior is very nice but it is also not as durable. The door panel trim seems too delicate and is already showing signs of wear/damage at only 10,000km. My Husky decided to look out the driver's rear window once by standing on the top of the panel, it didn't scratch it but left permanent indentations in the padding underneath. My '15 3500 Laramie looked immaculate after 3 years of having the dog back there.
Good to know! I do have dogs and am worried about durability. I also hate how their fur gets stuck in the cloth seats I have now.

Zinga

Reaction score
The Limited interior is very nice but it is also not as durable.
Then I'm glad we didn't get the Limited. We have three Ridgebacks and based on what you're saying, they probably would have caused some damage.

Users who are viewing this thread