Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 CEL but no codes??

Nado

Reaction score
Got in the truck this evening....2500 2019 gasser. And s CEL popped up after start up. Plug in my old link and connect alfa. But it's no reading any codes.

Only 38k miles. Never had an issue. Haven't pulled negative terminal yet to reset the PCM...I just am curious how I can have a CEL but not have a code.

Thoughts?
Thanks for any help.

flan

Reaction score
Maybe try reading the code with just the Obd link?

Nado

Reaction score
Maybe try reading the code with just the Obd link?

Im not sure I follow you. OBD Link is the hardware piece that allows AlfaOBD software to connect to the PCM. Its not showing any codes when reading. I did reset the PCM to clear the code and it has not come back yet. Very odd IMO. But, will see what happens!

flan

Reaction score
Im not sure I follow you. OBD Link is the hardware piece that allows AlfaOBD software to connect to the PCM. Its not showing any codes when reading. I did reset the PCM to clear the code and it has not come back yet. Very odd IMO. But, will see what happens!
I have the obdlink mx+ with their app on my phone and can use it to pull codes and a few other features.

Nado

Reaction score
I have the obdlink mx+ with their app on my phone and can use it to pull codes and a few other features.
Well, son of gun. I never knew they really had an app. Ill grab their app just incase it comes back and try again.

Thanks for the tip!

Users who are viewing this thread