Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 6.4 Transmission Issue

Chris85xlt

Reaction score
Mine stopped clunking after I reset the computer by disconnecting the battery for 10 min. It’s been 2000 miles clunk free. Truck has 5500 miles now. I’m guessing it learned something bad during break-in or went away after break-in ‍o_O

JamesEvan

Reaction score
As many above my 2022 Power Wagon is doing the same 2 -> 1 clunk when braking. Did anyone have find out the issue?
Still doing it no rez from RAM. Document.. Document.. Document..

AMDPSU

Reaction score
Following up as I also disconnected the battery for 10 min and it seems to have done away with the 2-1 surge during the initial drives since....

NJ_Ram

Reaction score
I drove around in tow/haul mode for a few days (just around town/no highway) and once I turned off the clunk also appears to have gone away for the past week. Weird. Will continue to monitor.

thkbaron

Reaction score
I will also disconnect the batter for 10 minutes and see what happens as I get the same dam thing.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Disconnected the negative and we'll see. I hope I have as good of luck as you guys. Mine has about 350 miles on it. I noticed it coming out of the dealer lot.

thkbaron

Reaction score
I’ll mess around a bit more and see what I can figure out

thkbaron

Reaction score
Mine won't do it in tow haul mode and if you put the transmission in neutral it won't do it of course either. I can't believe this would be a normal occurance. My buddy has the same truck and transmission and his doesn't do it. Of course he doesn't have 4.10s. that's the only difference.

NJ_Ram

Reaction score
Yea very odd, mine comes and goes randomly now. Wont do it one day and then clunk the next.

monsuoon

Reaction score
Another data point. My 2022 6.4L with 4.10 has surged twice at exactly the same spot about 1/4 mile from leaving work. The first time it happened I thought someone had run into the back of me.

thkbaron

Reaction score
yeah it's very similar if not the same as the Durango R/Ts around 15 16 17. It held in gear and dumped them all at the end.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Any luck with getting a fix on our trucks? I wish there was a good custom tune out there for these things. I know it's a shifting problem because it won't do it in tow haul mode.

Jsboening

Reaction score
I had a Jeep SRT with that same clunk. FCA ended up buying it back after having it at the dealership for over a month and a half. They replaced everything in the drivetrain except the transfer case and never got rid of that clunk. I bought another SRT and it was flawless. Good luck with the problem.

KateTX

Reaction score
Did anyone ever find a solution? My 2022 Ram 2500 Tradesmen started the lurching in Feb this year. Had in 5 different dealerships with no resolution. They all say they have not heard of this before and can't duplicate in the under 20 miles they drive it. It has happened more times this week after picking it up on Friday at dealer. Only answer they have is to trade it in for a 17k loss.

Users who are viewing this thread