Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 3500 - Tow Rating Confusion

Lillian2022

Reaction score
Hi, newbie here and thanks for letting me join!

I may have gone down the wrong path with this truck. We recently sold our Motorhome (various reasons) and pursuing a 5th wheel RV. The one we are seriously considering has a (factory) dry weight of 14k lbs and max of 18k lbs. I have a 2019 3500 Longhorn DRW, 4x4, 8’ bed, axle: 3.42 with max GVWR of 14000 lbs. I recently purchased used.

Here is my dilemma - based on the window sticker and Ram build sheet the transmission is a 6-Spd Auto Aisin AS69RC HD Trans. Neither sticker nor build sheet specify the engine being an HO. When researching 5th wheel tow ratings, this matchup does not exist? When I go to the ram site to enter the VIN for the tow rating I get a message stating ‘no data’. I can only assume this truck was special ordered?

This has been so frustrating researching this!

Any guidance or assistance is very appreciative.

V/r
Steve

superjoe83

Reaction score
Hi, newbie here and thanks for letting me join!

I may have gone down the wrong path with this truck. We recently sold our Motorhome (various reasons) and pursuing a 5th wheel RV. The one we are seriously considering has a (factory) dry weight of 14k lbs and max of 18k lbs. I have a 2019 3500 Longhorn DRW, 4x4, 8’ bed, axle: 3.42 with max GVWR of 14000 lbs. I recently purchased used.

Here is my dilemma - based on the window sticker and Ram build sheet the transmission is a 6-Spd Auto Aisin AS69RC HD Trans. Neither sticker nor build sheet specify the engine being an HO. When researching 5th wheel tow ratings, this matchup does not exist? When I go to the ram site to enter the VIN for the tow rating I get a message stating ‘no data’. I can only assume this truck was special ordered?

This has been so frustrating researching this!

Any guidance or assistance is very appreciative.

V/r
Steve
If you have the Aisin then you have the HO, they didn't have 3.42's as an option for 19+ trucks, you either have 3.73 or 4.10 ratio, that truck should have a tow rating of at least 30k lbs, it won't feel that 5th wheel behind it

Lillian2022

Reaction score
Thank you for your response!

Interesting. Confusing that both the window sticker and build sheet doesn't depict that's it's a HO...strange. Maybe why the vin lookup on the Ram site displays no data??

Thanks much for your response and assistance.

superjoe83

Reaction score
Thank you for your response!

Interesting. Confusing that both the window sticker and build sheet doesn't depict that's it's a HO...strange. Maybe why the vin lookup on the Ram site displays no data??

Thanks much for your response and assistance.
Post the VIN and I'm sure either I or someone on here can look up how the truck was built.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
The tow guide VIN input can be very hit or miss and the data has been all over the place.

Also if you're using a PC and chrome, try incognito mode.

Lillian2022

Reaction score
Hi and Thanks! I attempted your suggestion and received the same response from the site: No VIN data available. I used a random vin from a dealers site and it pulled the data up. Confused??

This is so weird! Don't understand this one...

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and Thanks! I attempted your suggestion and received the same response from the site: No VIN data available. I used a random vin from a dealers site and it pulled the data up. Confused??

This is so weird! Don't understand this one...

My VIN is hit and miss. It will work one time I check and not the next, then works again. No rhyme or reason.

Their data keeps changing too. It's a real hot mess.

Lillian2022

Reaction score
Haha...sounds like it is! Thanks Much! At least I know the payload is good to go based on the door label. I'll keep checking...

Lillian2022

Reaction score
Well that certainly makes me feel a whole lot better!!!

Thanks all for your replies and assistance!!

Lillian2022

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I missed a comment above, here is the VIN: 3C63RRKLXJG268685

Plum Cra Zy

Reaction score
I think your vin is wrong, my 6th digit is a number as is my 9th. I also have a 19 but srw.

Lillian2022

Reaction score
Now that is crazy! I verified with the door jamb label and that's the VIN that is annotated. This is really weird! I don't know??

Lillian2022

Reaction score
Prior to purchase I reviewed the Carfax in detail and it did not reflect any accidents, only one owner, clean across the board.

Users who are viewing this thread