Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 2500 Tradesman Hemi lift vs level

TogaLock77

Reaction score
I've read through every post I can find and I've reviewed all the manufacturers I can find. Now I'm hoping someone out there has a similar setup. I would like to remain as close to factory towing specs as possible and am thus gravitating toward simply leveling the truck. My tire/wheel setup would be 35s with 18" Methods

Leveling options

I like the Carli spring leveling option, but it is only offered for the diesel which I imagine would end up making the Hemi squat. I do have an email into Carli asking for suggestions.

Thuren offeres a similar spring leveling option, but states that a Hemi will need rear spacers to prevent the front from being high. Thuren doesn't offer rear spacers and when I try to source them elsewhere I don't trust the offerings. Meaning ebay.

Rough Country's kit uses spacers all around and if I were to use this I would want to upgrade the shock option to avoid the extension brackets. However I'm uncertain about the Rough Country in house brand upgrade and might want to go with a higher quality shock, but who knows the dimensions.

With leveling options below 3" can I keep everything else factory?

Lifting options

I find that most lifts start at 3" - 3.5" and looks like 3" and above would require linkage upgrades. Plus to retain towing capacity air bags may be in order. I don't think I want to outlay the kind of cash to improve offroad capabilities and still tow. I have a 71 Bronco for that 4x4 stuff.

If any one out there has a 19 or 20 Hemi with any of the leveling options would you mind posting up some pics and opinions?

Last edited:

DHaus

Reaction score
2019 Hemi Tradesman I did the Bilstein 2" leveling kit with 5160's all around. I also added a 1" rear spacer because I didn't want to be front high whatsoever. The spacer was an ebay special, it had good reviews and its a solid built spacer but I still had to do some grinding where it seats on the coil bucket and I added some thin EPDM rubber on top to stop any rubbing. Ride is better then stock but not nearly as good as my buddys CTD with carli springs and kings.

1590282431762.png

TogaLock77

Reaction score
Dhaus, that stance looks good. Here’s what I’m thinking
Thuren front 2” coil spring with their matched Fox shocks.

My bias front to back is roughly 2 5/8”
Install these front items and then see what the stance looks like. If it needs a rear spacer then I can add one. Opinions?

Last edited:

Djeazie

Reaction score
2019 Hemi Tradesman I did the Bilstein 2" leveling kit with 5160's all around. I also added a 1" rear spacer because I didn't want to be front high whatsoever. The spacer was an ebay special, it had good reviews and its a solid built spacer but I still had to do some grinding where it seats on the coil bucket and I added some thin EPDM rubber on top to stop any rubbing. Ride is better then stock but not nearly as good as my buddys CTD with carli springs and kings.

View attachment 4717

Do you have a link to that spacer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DHaus

Reaction score
I can't find the same one I used available anymore. Also, I wouldn't recommend it. I'm sure there are better options out that don't require any grinding.

Users who are viewing this thread