Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 2500-3500 Gooseneck Prep balls

Daybreak

Reaction score
Howdy,
2019 Ram 2500 with gooseneck prep is coming.

I need some balls ;)

So the new naming for the ball to finish it out is now called a puck system?

OK, fine. Looking for some opinions for a 2 5/16 heavy duty puck ball kit?
are some better than others?
a preferred manufacturer?

texas.yankee

Reaction score
So... I've been doing a lot of reading on the options available. There's quite a bit of a price difference between the options. Best I can tell is the cheaper ones aren't quite as tight as the more expensive ones (Curt is supposedly looser), so if the rattle would bug you, get more expensive. Storage is another thing. Some have a box (Curt/B&W), some store in a pouch (Reese)... Some no storage at all comes with them (eBay). Then there's the way the ball and chain hooks lock in. Some lock with removable pins (Curt), others are built in systems that require a lift and turn retention pin (Reese/B&W). The Curt has a rep as being too big for some chains. After all I've been reading, this is the one I think I've settled on:

D

Deleted member 80

B&W all the way. Top quality stuff, and made in Kansas, not Shanghai. I wish they would offer the B&W Turnover Ball gooseneck instead of the goofy puck setup.

Don-T

Reaction score
I use the B&W gooseneck ball and chain anchors.

The HOFF

Don't Hassel me
Reaction score
So... I've been doing a lot of reading on the options available. There's quite a bit of a price difference between the options. Best I can tell is the cheaper ones aren't quite as tight as the more expensive ones (Curt is supposedly looser), so if the rattle would bug you, get more expensive. Storage is another thing. Some have a box (Curt/B&W), some store in a pouch (Reese)... Some no storage at all comes with them (eBay). Then there's the way the ball and chain hooks lock in. Some lock with removable pins (Curt), others are built in systems that require a lift and turn retention pin (Reese/B&W). The Curt has a rep as being too big for some chains. After all I've been reading, this is the one I think I've settled on:

I have the Curt system and doesn’t rattle. Had the one mentioned above but couldn’t hook my 5th wheel hitch over the handles. Had to return for the Curt. $70 mail in rebate when I got mine. Call Etrailer, fast shipping and lowest price.

Users who are viewing this thread