Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Ram 2500 6.4 check engine light

Lb30

Reaction score
Check engine light came on today, and I’ve been hearing a popping and cracking noise only while lightly accelerating. I pulled code po868 low line pressure in transmission checked fluid level it’s full and was just changed three days ago with new filter it’s the 66rfe any ideas?

Last edited:

Lb30

Reaction score
Check engine light came on today, and I’ve been hearing a popping and cracking noise only while lightly accelerating. I pulled code po868 low line pressure in transmission checked fluid level it’s full and was just changed three days ago with new filter it’s the 66rfe any ideas?
??

Lb30

Reaction score
Anyone??

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hi Lb, we're sorry to hear that you're having concerns with your vehicle. Our team would like to offer assistance where applicable. If your transmission fluid is full and your filter was recently changed, then it may likely be other concerns at play. While only speculation, we would recommend checking your transmission pump, transmission fluid pressure sensor, or the transmission temp sensor for potential causes. If concerns persist, we advise scheduling a visit with your nearest dealership for diagnosis. If you need further assistance please send us a private message, our team would be more than happy to aid you.

Chris,
Ram Cares

Lb30

Reaction score
Hi Lb, we're sorry to hear that you're having concerns with your vehicle. Our team would like to offer assistance where applicable. If your transmission fluid is full and your filter was recently changed, then it may likely be other concerns at play. While only speculation, we would recommend checking your transmission pump, transmission fluid pressure sensor, or the transmission temp sensor for potential causes. If concerns persist, we advise scheduling a visit with your nearest dealership for diagnosis. If you need further assistance please send us a private message, our team would be more than happy to aid you.

Chris,
Ram Cares
I’d say the transmission that’s in it is a remanufactured one, I just got the truck about three months ago and there was no identification plates or numbers on it the transmission has also been cleaned up and painted so I’d say it’s possibly a jasper reman transmission . According to the dealer I bought it from said the original owner had it replaced about 4 months before he traded it in but they had no paperwork on it. I’ve called a few ram dealers to try to get in in to be looked at but there all booked up until at least a few weeks out

Lb30

Reaction score
I’d say the transmission that’s in it is a remanufactured one, I just got the truck about three months ago and there was no identification plates or numbers on it the transmission has also been cleaned up and painted so I’d say it’s possibly a jasper reman transmission . According to the dealer I bought it from said the original owner had it replaced about 4 months before he traded it in but they had no paperwork on it. I’ve called a few ram dealers to try to get in in to be looked at but there all booked up until at least a few weeks out
Took it to a dealer they don’t know what the noise is they said it’s normal not to worry about it and the low line pressure they couldn’t find anything wrong with it. So not sure what to do now I think they just didn’t want to fool with it I know it’s not normal for it to make all that noise while driving it

Lb30

Reaction score
The noise is coming from the transmission itself when it’s shifting I heard it when I raised the rear end of the ground and put it in gear and hit the accelerator when it shifted it was metal to metal sound from inside the transmission

Users who are viewing this thread