Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 3500 Cummins, an Aluminum Flatbed, and AlfaOBD

rfullen280

Reaction score
A friend of mine has a 2018 3500 Dually, with an Aluminum Flatbed. Now, I don't know the options on the truck...but the Aluminum Bed has LED tail/turn/stop/etc.. And we hooked up AlfaOBD, and told the CBC it had LED Turns/Tail/Stop... but it still says there's a short to ground on the turn signals...

So, we turned off the option in Alfa for the turn signals to trip a CEL/warning. So far, so good.

He drove home, and apparently, every 20 seconds, or 20 minutes..not sure which (long story) it pops a quick warning on the EVIC about the left turn signal being out.. and chimes a bunch.

What (aside from setting everything back to stock, and having the warnings for all the tail lights being out every time he starts the truck...and the blinkers being ultra fast) would the hive trust here, at HDRams, have as an idea of what's going on?

Ck88

Reaction score
A friend of mine has a 2018 3500 Dually, with an Aluminum Flatbed. Now, I don't know the options on the truck...but the Aluminum Bed has LED tail/turn/stop/etc.. And we hooked up AlfaOBD, and told the CBC it had LED Turns/Tail/Stop... but it still says there's a short to ground on the turn signals...

So, we turned off the option in Alfa for the turn signals to trip a CEL/warning. So far, so good.

He drove home, and apparently, every 20 seconds, or 20 minutes..not sure which (long story) it pops a quick warning on the EVIC about the left turn signal being out.. and chimes a bunch.

What (aside from setting everything back to stock, and having the warnings for all the tail lights being out every time he starts the truck...and the blinkers being ultra fast) would the hive trust here, at HDRams, have as an idea of what's going on?

I don’t know much about this but I purchased a 3500 with a Norweld aluminum flatbed and the previous owner did mention that the dealership had to update a module for the LED lights on the flatbed. I suggest you ask a Ram service technician or a company that installs the flatbed ( Four Wheel Camper or Mainline Overland)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread