Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 or 2018 UConnect 8.4 NAV in 2015 Ram 3500??

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 2015 Ram 3500 (Canadian Model) with the Uconnect 8.4 NAV.

A few things that bother me are that I cannot access the backup camera with a botton, like on the 2016 and up. There are also a few menus and tings I like better pn the 2016 and up.

My question is, is it a simple plug and play swap? Can I just get a 8.4 NAV out of a 2016, 2017 or 2018 truck and plug it in and everything works?

For the camera menu, would I need to configure that with AlphaOBD, or is that automatically available when the new UConnect starts up?

The 2018 UConnect 8.4 NAV has Androd Auto and Apple Carplay, can this be made functional in the 2015?

Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

Reaction score
Bump,

does anyone have any information on this topic? Really looking into doing this but would need some more info before purchasing any parts.

jw133489

Reaction score
You can not just swap the head unit into the truck. It requires the radio be married up with the VIN number. I advise you look at the site below for more info.
I have a 2013 3500 that I wish supported Android Auto but need to swap the radio for a later year to do so...

It is possible but...

Reaction score
You can not just swap the head unit into the truck. It requires the radio be married up with the VIN number. I advise you look at the site below for more info.
I have a 2013 3500 that I wish supported Android Auto but need to swap the radio for a later year to do so...

It is possible but...

Thanks for the info. I saw they also offer the 8.4 Uconnect 5 swap for the 2013 to 2018 trucks. These units are pricey though, WOW.

jw133489

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I saw they also offer the 8.4 Uconnect 5 swap for the 2013 to 2018 trucks. These units are pricey though, WOW.
THe price is the but...
I will continue to follow the thread. I would appreciate any info you get on third party radio swaps that support the integration of the cabin controls and backup cameras.

Users who are viewing this thread