Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 3500 Laramie 6.7 HO Dually 4x4 w Aisin and 4.10 rear - >"Service electronic brakes issue"

WRCLVR

Reaction score
hi,

This just came up this week on the dash in my truck. Any one heard of this? Any idea of what causes it and what the fix is? . Truck is near perfect with only 16K miles of her, we bought it brand new in May 2017. And only use it to tow our RV... so def a keeper. !

Gear box

Reaction score
With the low mileage. I would reseat all of your fuses and clear any codes

WRCLVR

Reaction score
There arent any codes. And yes i have reseated the fuses. My Autel scanner appears to communicate with the ABS module, but reports no codes. I did see a trailer brake " no connect " code which i cleared to no avail. I have seen other threads for earlier trucks inc 1500 etc that the ABS module was replace but that did not take care of the issues. Apparently some people get a trailer brake controller issue at the same time too and trace that to the trailer connector.
I will be cleaning that with contact cleaner. In the meantime another thread here mentioned UpFix a company in Georgia (UpFix.com) who apparenlty repair these items that display the service electronic brake message but report no codes.. I have reached out to them to see if they can repair my 2017 ABS module.
I will report back as to if they can do the 2017 3500 ABS module, and what the cost might be.
Milburn

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I would clean and reconnect the wheel speed sensors.

I’d also drive that thing more, sitting isn’t good for equipment.

WRCLVR

Reaction score
I just received word that Upfix does not fix that module anymore. so it's off to get contact cleaner. I will be removing the fuses one by one and cleaning the contacts in the fuse holder as well as each fuse. I will also shoot the trailer hitch , both the four prong and seven prong. Hell... might as well pull all the battery terminals of the dual batteries and clean them, even though none of them show any corrosion at all.

I'll also consider cleaning and reconnecting the wheel speed sensors. If any one has a link to a YouTube video for that, I would appreciate if they would post it here...

I'll take the above point about driving it more, but would offer that @ $5/gallon that gets expensive for some one that is retired on SS.

Real1Cliff

Reaction score
I took my 2500 mega cab diesel to the dealer a weak ago as I was getting repeated “service brakes” and “service antilock brakes” alarms every few seconds. After 11 days of crap they called me today and told me I need a new “antilock hydraulic brake module“ was needed for $1600. There was one in Portland but they would not sell it to me, as “engineering put a hold” on it. They told me, and this ain’t no ship, that ”they would have a solution” by August 18! Not a repair, but a solution! That was my daily driver. I also have a 2022 Ram 5500 with my camper on it, and no place to put the camper. That also has the 6.7l Cummins engine. And yes, this has the aison transmission problem so I am waiting for that to fail as well. Needless to say, I am not a happy camper, literally.

On edit, I followed the link above to learn about the NHTSB investigation and will go over and file a complaint. Now when my Aison transmission K snap rings fail on my 5500 I will have $300,000 (with mods and equipment) sitting at my dealer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread