Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Ram 3500 Def fluid pump

BikerT

Reaction score
Have the dreaded def fluid countdown going on, Took to dealer, was told needed new pump, $4000 cost. I brought truck home. I was told by someone that because of so many codes showing, P202a, 203, 204 205, to check electrical because it could be an electrical issue, sounds like an entire harness unplugged. I took pump cover off and pulled connection to pump and it was extremely wet inside. Now I am wondering if this could have just shorted out.

I will dry it completely, but hope someone can tell me what fuses etc I might need to check.

greasemonkey3406

Reaction score
You are more than likely still going to need a pump. There is an internal leak inside of the pump and it got into the electrical connector which is causing all the codes. I see this all the time on heavy equipment and if you just clean the connector it will happen again.

Users who are viewing this thread