Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 2500 7"evic upgrade and can't change idle hours

Draxx Them Sklounst

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Ram 2500 ST Crew Cab 4x4. I just purchased it about a month ago. It only has 34k miles on it. I Live in NM, purchased it online and had it shipped to my folks in WV over the holidays. To my surprise it was fully deleted. Not necessarily a huge concern but there were some issues. Lights were out, cruise control didnt work, axle seals etc, small things but it was a hell of a deal on a completely rust free, very low mileage truck. However, the truck is basically bone stock. So I have been in the process of doing upgrades. I installed a 30" FTE resonator. fixed the cruise control issue, new tires and tpms sensors, purchased Alfaobd and have changed a few things like pressure settings and gotten everything working that was neglected by the previous owner.

I purchased a 7"evic cluster to swap into it. Because it is deleted, I opted to go with the gas version to get rid of the def gauge. Everything went smoothly and the evic is working great. I was able to use alfaobd to change the milage, however I can't get it to change the idle hours and driven hours. I've tried it numerous times, watched every video, read everything I can find, still cant get it to work. The fuel filter life gauge is also just blank, not on 0% life, but actually just blank.

I am using an MX+ adapter (fully updated) with an S22 ultra and the alfaobd app (fully updated). When that didn't work, I tried using alfaodb on my laptop with the MX+, still didn't work. I have both fully paid versions, everything is updated, and everything is connecting fine. I am not getting any failures or issues. It just never takes the change. It doesn't ask me to turn the key off and on and then press ok, it just says next, start, process complete. The evic never resets or flashes. I've let it sit for minutes, and hours between each attempt, still no luck.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there something I can do? Can I reset the evic entirely? Is this because it is a gas evic and not diesel specific? Any info would be great.

KevinM

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Ram 2500 ST Crew Cab 4x4. I just purchased it about a month ago. It only has 34k miles on it. I Live in NM, purchased it online and had it shipped to my folks in WV over the holidays. To my surprise it was fully deleted. Not necessarily a huge concern but there were some issues. Lights were out, cruise control didnt work, axle seals etc, small things but it was a hell of a deal on a completely rust free, very low mileage truck. However, the truck is basically bone stock. So I have been in the process of doing upgrades. I installed a 30" FTE resonator. fixed the cruise control issue, new tires and tpms sensors, purchased Alfaobd and have changed a few things like pressure settings and gotten everything working that was neglected by the previous owner.

I purchased a 7"evic cluster to swap into it. Because it is deleted, I opted to go with the gas version to get rid of the def gauge. Everything went smoothly and the evic is working great. I was able to use alfaobd to change the milage, however I can't get it to change the idle hours and driven hours. I've tried it numerous times, watched every video, read everything I can find, still cant get it to work. The fuel filter life gauge is also just blank, not on 0% life, but actually just blank.

I am using an MX+ adapter (fully updated) with an S22 ultra and the alfaobd app (fully updated). When that didn't work, I tried using alfaodb on my laptop with the MX+, still didn't work. I have both fully paid versions, everything is updated, and everything is connecting fine. I am not getting any failures or issues. It just never takes the change. It doesn't ask me to turn the key off and on and then press ok, it just says next, start, process complete. The evic never resets or flashes. I've let it sit for minutes, and hours between each attempt, still no luck.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there something I can do? Can I reset the evic entirely? Is this because it is a gas evic and not diesel specific? Any info would be great.
This may be a naive question but why are you changing miles, and hours

whitexc

Reaction score

He swapped the EVIC out for the larger option and is trying to make it proper….from what I read.

Sent from me

Draxx Them Sklounst

Reaction score
The original 3" evic was the very basic version, with the basic white mini screen. You can swap for the upgraded 7"EVIC. This gives you the full display where you can show boost psi, exhaust brake, mpg, etc. When you do that, it takes some finagling with the settings using AlphaOBD. You have to clone the milage, hours, etc over to the new panel. I was able to get it to work eventually, however since my new panel was from a 2014, and my truck is a 2013, I learned the TPMS sensors on the 2014 are different, thus the new panel wont read the 2013 TPMS sensors. So I simply turned off the TPMS all together. Works great now.

Users who are viewing this thread