Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 LOW UNLOC DODGE 4WD

oaklandopen

Reaction score
Can I ask why this would be beneficial? All I can think of is if you need low range you obviously are having a traction issue at that moment. So if that's the case, why would you not want torque available to all wheels anyway?

The only thing i could think of is a boat ramp. But even then trying to get maximum traction is short lived so you'd be in and out of 4 low in no time, and you certainly wouldn't be making hard turns

oaklandopen

Reaction score
Sorry, I looked at the second link after I wrote my post. I guess if you're going around a site slowly for extended periods of time, and towing heavy, you'd rather be in 2wd to do it. Kind of like the work truck at a camper dealer

g33k247

Reaction score
My use case would be when trying to maneuver a long, heavy trailer in tight quarters.

MEZZ2006

Reaction score
I installed it on my truck. I wanted it for maneuvering my camper in tight sites. I haven't used it yet on the Ram, but on my previous Ford, I used 2-low quite a few times maneuvering the camper and didn't want to be without it on the new truck. It was a very simple install. I wired mine into Aux Switch 6.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Many times I have wished my 01 3500 had that when backing heavy.

thestuarts

Reaction score
That looks like a great product. I just ordered one. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
this type of thing wasn't available back when i had my 3rd gen, so i had to remove the front ds to
get my 2lo. it was so handy.

thestuarts

Reaction score
this type of thing wasn't available back when i had my 3rd gen, so i had to remove the front ds to
get my 2lo. it was so handy.

What is "the front ds?" Sorry, this is my first time owning a big 4x4.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
What is "the front ds?" Sorry, this is my first time owning a big 4x4.

[ETA] Sorry misread the post and didn't realize elephantrider meant driveshaft. I thought he was abbreviating disconnect.

Axle disconnect.

It's come and gone and come again in different years.

2020-02-28 13_26_16-2020-02-28 13_24_50-2019 ram fron axle disconnect at DuckDuckGo.jpg - Gree...jpg

Last edited:

thestuarts

Reaction score
Today, I installed the BD Diesel 2 Low Unloc on my 2019 Ram 3500 HO Diesel. I wired it to one of my upfitter AUX switches. The installation took about 1 hour to install, and most of that time was spent poking through the firewall to connect to the upfitter module under the hood.

It works exactly as advertised. The wiring harness is very sturdy and professional. It is better made than a Mopar factory part.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm waiting to do mine until the dealer can get me in to get the cab/bed aligned. That's also holding up the AMP front bed step install and the dash cam front/rear install.

Users who are viewing this thread