Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

19 Limited Dash lifting, CPO Said nope

Enve46

Reaction score
Like so many other Limited owners, my 2019 with 16k miles, CPO said that my leather lifting is not covered. Dealer is going to try and get it goodwill through Chrysler but this is kind of annoying. Being the second owner, I have no doubt the original owner didn't do the necessary things for a leather dash but still, Ive had cars much older, all living in South Florida with no issue. Hopefully the dealer can get it goodwill but if not, what other means do I have? Contact @RamCares ?

flan

Reaction score
It’s covered under the 3/36k mileage warranty. Unless cpo has other provisions in the contract you may be SOL.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Like so many other Limited owners, my 2019 with 16k miles, CPO said that my leather lifting is not covered. Dealer is going to try and get it goodwill through Chrysler but this is kind of annoying. Being the second owner, I have no doubt the original owner didn't do the necessary things for a leather dash but still, Ive had cars much older, all living in South Florida with no issue. Hopefully the dealer can get it goodwill but if not, what other means do I have? Contact @RamCares ?
Hi Enve46,

We're sorry to hear about this. To clarify, have you opened a case with Ram Cares at this point? If so, can you send us a private message with your case number? If not, please send us a private message with the date and location of your most recent dealer appointment.

Lex
Ram Cares

Riddick

Reaction score
Warranties these days are a joke. They sound great on paper but when you try to actually use it "some" dealers look for anyway to deny your claim. On top of that you have to wait 2-3 weeks simply to have a tech look at your vehicle, complete joke and waste.

Also, you mentioned this is a fairly common issue. If that's true then its going to happen again down the line. Is there anything you can do on your end to reattach the leather? The last thing you want is a dealer ripping out your dash, I can almost guarantee when they put it all back together you have tons of noises coming from the dash area.

Enve46

Reaction score
Warranties these days are a joke. They sound great on paper but when you try to actually use it "some" dealers look for anyway to deny your claim. On top of that you have to wait 2-3 weeks simply to have a tech look at your vehicle, complete joke and waste.

Also, you mentioned this is a fairly common issue. If that's true then its going to happen again down the line. Is there anything you can do on your end to reattach the leather? The last thing you want is a dealer ripping out your dash, I can almost guarantee when they put it all back together you have tons of noises coming from the dash area.
Yes definitely, bought this used but applying leather conditioner is definitely the best thing to do to prevent this from happening. That being said, the leather shoulder shrink THAT much in 3ish years. You'd expect something to this extent typically 10+ years. I used to detail cars professionally so have a bit of knowledge on this topic. And Ive definitley considered having nothing done, the rattles, potential scratches or other issues from pulling a dash is concerning but Im also pretty OCD on these types of things. I bought it and it was fine, less than two months later it pops. I guess I should consider leaving it alone.
Hi Enve46,

We're sorry to hear about this. To clarify, have you opened a case with Ram Cares at this point? If so, can you send us a private message with your case number? If not, please send us a private message with the date and location of your most recent dealer appointment.

Lex
Ram Cares
Yes I have a case number. Ill PM you now. Thanks

jetrinka

Reaction score
Was it just the 19’s that had this problem? My 21 has 31k now and the leather is still great

phatboy64

Reaction score
I just sold my 2014 longhorn that I owned from day one and I never treated the dash with leather conditioner the whole time I owned it and I had no issues. Guess I was lucky…

Enve46

Reaction score
Was it just the 19’s that had this problem? My 21 has 31k now and the leather is still great

I’m not sure but I read an FB post of someone else with the same issue, their dealer said there may be an extended warranty on them.

Regardless, it’s wild to me that people spend the money on these trucks to have simple issues like this one. Leather will stretch and shrink, but this is a huge extreme. Early Ferrari 360/430s do it but look at their age comparatively. We will see if @RamCares can do anything to move this along. My CPO runs out soon

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
41k on my '19 and the dash still looks fine...
But I do keep it clean and 'conditioned' along with always using a sunshade.

AlphaDad1906

Reaction score
I have a 19 Longhorn with this same problem. Dealer told me my extended warranty wouldn't cover this and it would run around $3500 to replace the whole dash, smh. I can't fathom that much money for something cosmetic. It's so embarrassing being such a strong advocate for Ram trucks when people see my nice truck but then see my nice leather dash crimpling up like an old cheap vehicle.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I have a 19 Longhorn with this same problem. Dealer told me my extended warranty wouldn't cover this and it would run around $3500 to replace the whole dash, smh. I can't fathom that much money for something cosmetic. It's so embarrassing being such a strong advocate for Ram trucks when people see my nice truck but then see my nice leather dash crimpling up like an old cheap vehicle.
Hi there,

Do you plan to move foward with repairs? Or, have you considered getting a second opinion from another dealer in your area? Please feel free to send us a private message with additional details if you would like to further discuss. We'd love to provide some support.

Lex
Ram Cares

Enve46

Reaction score
Exactly. I have bought 3 NEW TRXs, 1 new 2500 and this used 2500 in the last 15 months. You'd think Ram would help someone out who has spent money with the brand and stand behind their product. RamCares was ZERO help, the dealers hands are tied, they even tried calling in for me and nothing. Looks like Ill have to take it to an interior shop to have fixed. Or just deal with it and see when Ram gets their **** together and puts the 5th Gen cab on the 2500s. Id probably move to a Power Wagon at that time. I really dont want to move to Fords but every year Ram does nothing for updates but raises their prices, its more and more appealing.

areuriding

Reaction score
Go to an interior shop and they'll make it look new again for way less.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly. I have bought 3 NEW TRXs, 1 new 2500 and this used 2500 in the last 15 months. You'd think Ram would help someone out who has spent money with the brand and stand behind their product. RamCares was ZERO help, the dealers hands are tied, they even tried calling in for me and nothing. Looks like Ill have to take it to an interior shop to have fixed. Or just deal with it and see when Ram gets their **** together and puts the 5th Gen cab on the 2500s. Id probably move to a Power Wagon at that time. I really dont want to move to Fords but every year Ram does nothing for updates but raises their prices, its more and more appealing.

I think the 5th gen 1500 crew has had some delam issues with the leather dash as well.

Maybe I never noticed, but saw today where it appears to have some undulations in the dash.

jeffn

Reaction score
Yes definitely, bought this used but applying leather conditioner is definitely the best thing to do to prevent this from happening. That being said, the leather shoulder shrink THAT much in 3ish years. You'd expect something to this extent typically 10+ years. I used to detail cars professionally so have a bit of knowledge on this topic. And Ive definitley considered having nothing done, the rattles, potential scratches or other issues from pulling a dash is concerning but Im also pretty OCD on these types of things. I bought it and it was fine, less than two months later it pops. I guess I should consider leaving it alone.

Yes I have a case number. Ill PM you now. Thanks

My 2020 Longhorn has the same issue. South Florida is hard on leather. I have 70k miles, 1,800 hours. The dash leather has lifted, it appears that the adhesive broke down, but it is otherwise in fine shape. IMG_1445.jpeg

Riddick

Reaction score
My 2020 Longhorn has the same issue. South Florida is hard on leather. I have 70k miles, 1,800 hours. The dash leather has lifted, it appears that the adhesive broke down, but it is otherwise in fine shape. View attachment 59860
Sorry to hear about your dash. On a positive note that's the best looking Ram HD interior hands down! Love the contrast between the black and brown.

Enve46

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your dash. On a positive note that's the best looking Ram HD interior hands down! Love the contrast between the black and brown.
I agree. Bout the only thing I wish I had in mine. Im moving to TN next week and Ill find someone to repair. Don't have the time down here even though theres a company that handles all the Bentleys and Ferraris that are doing the same. Guess thats the silver lining, we may have spent 80k ish but at least its not 250-300k for the same issue

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
My 2020 Longhorn has the same issue. South Florida is hard on leather. I have 70k miles, 1,800 hours. The dash leather has lifted, it appears that the adhesive broke down, but it is otherwise in fine shape. View attachment 59860
Hello Jeff,

Do you plan to bring this to the attention of your Ram dealership for assistance? If so, we'd be happy to offer an extra layer of support at that time. Please feel free to send us a private message if you decide to go that route.

Lex
Ram Cares

Enve46

Reaction score
Hello Jeff,

Do you plan to bring this to the attention of your Ram dealership for assistance? If so, we'd be happy to offer an extra layer of support at that time. Please feel free to send us a private message if you decide to go that route.

Lex
Ram Cares
Respectfully, if you're truly here to help, get the message over to Ram about their failing leather dashboards. I went to my dealer's used lot, 2 limiteds, 1 longhorn from 19-21 all have lifted leather dashboards. Ram needs to extend the warranty on these things. I realize you're here to help us, so get the message up the chain, please

Users who are viewing this thread