Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

19+ Light Mounts

zooroadbaja

Reaction score
Looking for light mounts. I cant find anything besides Baja Designs, but not looking to spend $2000 for lights and mounts. Any other companies out there? Looked at CJC, Rigid, Zroadz, and RED. Nothing. Feels like theres nothing for these trucks yet.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
I guess HD sales numbers are to low to excite the aftermarket. Zroadz has hood mounts for 1500’s (hindge mount a-pillar) but does anyon know if the hoods are for sure the same or at least the rear most part? I don’t know if I could justify $200 ish US / $5000 can for bent chunk of flat iron. o_O

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
I looked at Bajadesigns Squadron SAE lights, they seemed decent price and SAE approved but not sure on your budget, once I get my Fab Four winch Front bumper mounted this is what I'm going with.

zooroadbaja

Reaction score
I guess HD sales numbers are to low to excite the aftermarket. Zroadz has hood mounts for 1500’s (hindge mount a-pillar) but does anyon know if the hoods are for sure the same or at least the rear most part? I don’t know if I could justify $200 ish US / $5000 can for bent chunk of flat iron. o_O
yeah not sure, the new ranger has so many options already, and just came out. Spoke with RED said stuff is in the works, and Rigid said no, and zroadz said maybe.

Marshfly

Reaction score
The Baja Designs are definitely worth the money. I'm running Squadron Pros on the A pillars and an Onx6 in the grill and the light quality is insane. i have friends with other lights and the difference is quite literally, night and day.

However, they do sell just the mounts if you call them directly. That's what I did as i already had the lights. The total was about $300 for both of those mount sets plus hardware.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
The Baja Designs are definitely worth the money. I'm running Squadron Pros on the A pillars and an Onx6 in the grill and the light quality is insane. i have friends with other lights and the difference is quite literally, night and day.

However, they do sell just the mounts if you call them directly. That's what I did as i already had the lights. The total was about $300 for both of those mount sets plus hardware.
Hey if you could take some pictures that would be awesome thx

Marshfly

Reaction score
Here's the pics. I took them this morning. The last two are with only the BD lights on (I manually turned off the headlights) and as you can tell, it's daytime, but just cloudy enough to trigger the factory headlight sensors and they still throw off crazy light. The color of the BD lights is better than the competitors too. Unless you are looking for ricer boy white or blue instead of the best visibility...

IMG_1454_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1455_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1456_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1457_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1459_heic-L.jpg

IMG_1458_heic-L.jpg

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Right on great picks. Do the a pillar mounts attach to the single fender bolt and if so how secure do they feel?

Marshfly

Reaction score
Yes. One bolt but the way they are bent braces them against the body on the inside to make them super secure. BD supplies rubber tape to prevent scratches and wear.

Marshfly

Reaction score
BTW, the bumper mount for the 20" bar is a PITA to install but there isn't really an easier way unless you remove the entire bumper. There are install PDFs on the product pages on their site.

Also, the instructions for the A pillar mounts did not include this but i trimmed the rubber trim piece with a razor knife to clearance for the mounts. Makes for a much cleaner install.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Thank you. I built my own A pillar mounts on my last two trucks but it’s tedious work. The 2012 I still have has 4’’ light canons and the Rebel I traded had Rigid cubes. I am going to check in to the Baja’s on your recommendation,thx. I’m also interested on how you wired them. What curcuit did you use to trigger them?

Marshfly

Reaction score
Thank you. I built my own A pillar mounts on my last two trucks but it’s tedious work. The 2012 I still have has 4’’ light canons and the Rebel I traded had Rigid cubes. I am going to check in to the Baja’s on your recommendation,thx. I’m also interested on how you wired them. What curcuit did you use to trigger them?

I have the factory Aux switches. That option is half the reason I do custom orders since our local dealers never put them on their trucks. They also never order the fifth wheel pucks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread