Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

19 2500 - rear park sensors go bonkers

RXBoost

Reaction score
My rear center parking sensor will beep solid and sometimes it beeps erratically when backing up. Other times it acts normal. This all happens when there is nothing in the same zip code as me. Could my hitch be causing problems? Its a normal drop hitch. I end up turning off the rear sensors, which I shouldn't have to do.

Is there a possibility the sensors are malfunctioning and need to be replaced?

flan

Reaction score
Others have reported issues with a hitch in. Have you tried removing it for a while and see if it resolves your issue?

RXBoost

Reaction score
Others have reported issues with a hitch in. Have you tried removing it for a while and see if it resolves your issue?
I have not, will do and report back. Sorry, I had done a quick search and came up empty.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
My 18 didn’t care if my B&W hitch was installed, but the 22 reminds me it’s there every time.

RXBoost

Reaction score
Thus far with the hitch out I am not having the problem. In my 15 I never had this problem, in fact when I first got this truck I dont recall it happening. I hate taking the hitch out and putting it back in as I use it all the time and I would rather not turn off the rear sensors. I could get a touch more of a drop hitch but I dont know that it will help. Ugh.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
If you really want to keep the hitch in place and want to retain functionality from the outer sensors, but disable the inners, you could use some covers such as these that Ranch Hand sells.
Otherwise I think you either get to turn them off completely or remove the hitch.

TonyT

Reaction score
(2019 Laramie) Mine does it with the hitch in as well. It's intermittent and typically happens as I'm accelerating from a stop light. I've had the trailer two years and not had this problem until this year. I think that is because I moved the ball up a couple notches to level the trailer load recently and maybe that put it in view of the sensors.

I now remove the hitch when I drop the trailer off in the storage lot and haven't had a problem since.

I have the B&W 2-Ball Tow n Stow.

Users who are viewing this thread