Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'19-22' Ram leveling kit help

Jake L

Reaction score
Hey All,

I am looking to purchase the following leveling kit and wheel and tire combo for my 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie Mega Cab that should hit my dealers lot within the month....

I am curious if anyone has had any issues running with this setup or running 37"s on a 2.5 inch level. I like clean and simple trucks, but I also think the stock 33"s look like baby tires on a big truck.

1633208018291.png
1633208043303.png

All in in this package im looking at about $5,500 with this setup (install myself) + an Alignment. I would also look to sell my Laramie night edition Wheels and Tires for somewhere above $1,200 (they would be slightly used, roughly 1-2k miles at this point). ~$4,300.

Alternatively I was thinking about keeping the stock wheels, wrapping them in some 35x12.50 Ridge Grapplers and using the same leveling kit shown above. This would run me around $3,500. (Not sure if i need the Carli Track Bar with this setup).

Anyone have any thoughts or tips on this? I dont want to spend all the money and the regret that I just didnt go for what I really want to begin with. I also tend to get a new vehicle every couple years when I decide there is something I dont like on the one I got.

*Also open to other leveling setups in the same'ish price range*

Thanks!

Last edited:

Greenhills

Reaction score
Minor pinch weld trimming and plastic trimming required.

Fits beautifully. Go to the CJC Offroad youtube and they have about 30 videos of the same set up.

Jake L

Reaction score
Minor pinch weld trimming and plastic trimming required.

Fits beautifully. Go to the CJC Offroad youtube and they have about 30 videos of the same set up.
Ill take a look, i was hoping to avoid trimming. Thanks!

obhitn3

Reaction score
I'd email CJC offroad. they have done almost very Carli setup and will give you quick answers from personal experience doing customers trucks.

Jake L

Reaction score
You will 100% not run 37s on a level and not trim, sorry. 35s and zero trimming, don't even need a leveling kit.
I see CJC's video showing what they trimmed, and its not bad at all. I was expecting worse. Good to know. Thanks!

usafakid09

Reaction score
You will 100% not run 37s on a level and not trim, sorry. 35s and zero trimming, don't even need a leveling kit.
It really depends on the offset of the wheels and whether or not you replace the trackbar and radius arms. Thuren has a whole page dedicated to this info.

Greenhills

Reaction score
It really depends on the offset of the wheels and whether or not you replace the trackbar and radius arms. Thuren has a whole page dedicated to this info.
You will rub on any wheel without a leveling kit. You rub 37s period, its just a matter of where and if whatever your rubbing is trimmable.

usafakid09

Reaction score
You will rub on any wheel without a leveling kit. You rub 37s period, its just a matter of where and if whatever your rubbing is trimmable.
“On these Dodge trucks, regarding the most common 0-3" of lift range, lift height does not make you clear tires better. The truck will clear the same tires and wheels stock height, as it does with 3" of lift.” -Thuren

Very minimal trimming with 37s on +18 wheels with Thuren radius arms and track bar.

Madland

Reaction score
Hey All,

I am looking to purchase the following leveling kit and wheel and tire combo for my 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie Mega Cab that should hit my dealers lot within the month....

I am curious if anyone has had any issues running with this setup or running 37"s on a 2.5 inch level. I like clean and simple trucks, but I also think the stock 33"s look like baby tires on a big truck.

View attachment 22796

Alternatively I was thinking about keeping the stock wheels, wrapping them in some 35x12.50 Ridge Grapplers and using the same leveling kit shown above. This would run me around $3,500. (Not sure if i need the Carli Track Bar with this setup).

Thanks!
I'm waiting on my 2022 3500 HO 6.7 CCLB SRW 4WD NE to hopefully be delivered in the next few weeks. I"m in a similar situation. I would like to level the truck a bit. But not too much. Nor do I want to lift the truck overall any more than it is. I'll be pulling a 37' 5th wheel toyhauler so that has to be taken into consideration. I'm still undecided on what kit to use. But I'm definitely keeping the NE wheels. Looking at different tire size. Spending money on new black wheels is pointless imho. Unless the weight rating is less than an aftermarket set. Then I would consider selling the entire set. The only time you see them is when the truck sits. Driving down the road..all you see are black wheels. Nobody knows what brand they are. My usual tire shop will give me $450 for my new tires. It's not much but will basically pay for one new tire of my choice. Everything I've read on the stock tires is they pretty much suck. 20K-30K at best.

Greenhills

Reaction score
“On these Dodge trucks, regarding the most common 0-3" of lift range, lift height does not make you clear tires better. The truck will clear the same tires and wheels stock height, as it does with 3" of lift.” -Thuren

Very minimal trimming with 37s on +18 wheels with Thuren radius arms and track bar.
Track bar and radius arms don't do ****, and your not rubbing them. Your trimming plastic and pinch weld.

usafakid09

Reaction score
Track bar and radius arms don't do ****, and your not rubbing them. Your trimming plastic and pinch weld.
Wrong. Depending on wheel offset and tire size, you can VERY MUCH rub radius arms. Track bar not doing, as you say, ****, well that's your opinion; I disagree. Lastly, it's "you're" not the possessive "your." Cheers.

Greenhills

Reaction score
Wrong. Depending on wheel offset and tire size, you can VERY MUCH rub radius arms. Track bar not doing, as you say, ****, well that's your opinion; I disagree. Lastly, it's "you're" not the possessive "your." Cheers.
He already mentioned it was method +18 wheels. So the trackbar will not be a factor, or the radius arms that's a fact.

If you want to be pedantic about spelling, go ahead. You are still wrong.

Also, my truck is on 37's with that same wheel. Whats your truck on?

usafakid09

Reaction score
To say the trackbar is of no use, or ****, is wrong; in my opinion and Thuren's opinion. You are right, the wheels won't rub the track bar (I was conflating that with the sway bar ((which makes a world of difference))).

I am being pedantic about grammar, not spelling. You spelled "your" correctly.

My truck will be riding on AEV Salta wheels wrapped in Nitto Ridge Grappler 37's with Thuren 2'' coils up front, factory air in the back, and King 2.5's on all four corners. Also doing Carli ball joints and a host of other things.

Dwilly

Reaction score
Well instead of listening to these 2 guys above me going at eachother, let me give you my experience as I have the exact setup you desire with the exact same wheel offset running 37 toyo open country MTs. You will have to trim the smallest of pieces off. Basically the little nub of plastic that sticks out in front of the pinch weld. I DID NOT have to grind the pinch weld whatsoever. I have not completely bottomed out the suspension yet so I do not know if that will be a factor. I have given it a good few 3/4 cycles though and didn't rip anything off. Enjoy the setup and the night and day ride quality that comes with it. You'll love it.

Jake L

Reaction score
I'm waiting on my 2022 3500 HO 6.7 CCLB SRW 4WD NE to hopefully be delivered in the next few weeks. I"m in a similar situation. I would like to level the truck a bit. But not too much. Nor do I want to lift the truck overall any more than it is. I'll be pulling a 37' 5th wheel toyhauler so that has to be taken into consideration. I'm still undecided on what kit to use. But I'm definitely keeping the NE wheels. Looking at different tire size. Spending money on new black wheels is pointless imho. Unless the weight rating is less than an aftermarket set. Then I would consider selling the entire set. The only time you see them is when the truck sits. Driving down the road..all you see are black wheels. Nobody knows what brand they are. My usual tire shop will give me $450 for my new tires. It's not much but will basically pay for one new tire of my choice. Everything I've read on the stock tires is they pretty much suck. 20K-30K at best.
My tire shop told me $300 for the tires, The reason im looking at aftermarket wheels is because the offset is needed to run 37" tires based off what Ive read. I will never run spacers either. Also, im looking at 18"s so the added benefit is a little more sidewall to absorb the small bumps.

Im not entirely sure of what im going to do but im heavily leaning towards the 37"s and 18" methods.

Jake L

Reaction score
Well instead of listening to these 2 guys above me going at eachother, let me give you my experience as I have the exact setup you desire with the exact same wheel offset running 37 toyo open country MTs. You will have to trim the smallest of pieces off. Basically the little nub of plastic that sticks out in front of the pinch weld. I DID NOT have to grind the pinch weld whatsoever. I have not completely bottomed out the suspension yet so I do not know if that will be a factor. I have given it a good few 3/4 cycles though and didn't rip anything off. Enjoy the setup and the night and day ride quality that comes with it. You'll love it.
Thanks for the Info, I dont plan on bottoming out the truck and if the plastic you are talking about is the same that CJC offroad does in their videos then Im not worried at all. From what I've heard nitto's and toyo's are pretty similar. What size wheels are you running in your profile picture? I'm thinking that size is is perfectly proportionate to the truck.

Different question, did you sell your Stock Night Edition wheels and tires and roughly what did you get for them?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Every truck is a little different. Some have a larger pinch weld than others. I have 37" Yoko X-ATs on 17 x 9 +18 wheels. I had to trim quite a bit to get them to not rub. I installed the 37s when stock and did the trimming. Since you don't add bump stops to the front, the trimming is pretty much the same as for a lifted truck. If you don't take your truck offroad you may be able to get by with less trimming as you will not flex enough to rub. I now have a Carli 3.25 lift with all the options. I can still get the tires to rub a little when flexing and turning at the same time.

Jake L

Reaction score
Every truck is a little different. Some have a larger pinch weld than others. I have 37" Yoko X-ATs on 17 x 9 +18 wheels. I had to trim quite a bit to get them to not rub. I installed the 37s when stock and did the trimming. Since you don't add bump stops to the front, the trimming is pretty much the same as for a lifted truck. If you don't take your truck offroad you may be able to get by with less trimming as you will not flex enough to rub. I now have a Carli 3.25 lift with all the options. I can still get the tires to rub a little when flexing and turning at the same time.
Gotcha, I will probably follow the CJC video with a few tweaks to what I need. I dont expect to bottom it out with any heavy offroading, or quick weight shifts while turning. Appreciate the info, ill keep it in mind it might take a little extra trimming.

Thanks!

freeram

Reaction score
On my 2019 longhorn 3500 long bed I installed the 3" Carli lift with 2.5 pin tops and my 37" MT's rubbed hard, I had to trim the pinch weld quite a bit, and if turning with any bumps it still rubbed.
just my exp. I ended up adding a spacer on top of my 3" Carli springs then shock extenders to my king shocks. Not a preferred method but it rode great. I did have a -12 offset on my rims.

My 2022 will get a 4" lift if I go 37's at minimum, but I will probably do the Carli 2.5 with 35" tires.
Ken

Users who are viewing this thread