Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18's or 20's.....

Rgpracer

Reaction score
What dictated whether you had 18' or 20's on your truck, and pulling a 5'r.....does it matter?

406Linetrash

Reaction score
I ran 20's on last ruck. Liked the way they looked. Were rated for my weight. Just needed more sidewall for hunting and off-road. Was tired of watching for rim scrapes.

I personally don't think it matters. Just go with whatever you like the look of and will fit your needs

RRHO2020

Reaction score
I am running 17's on mine. I prefer the extra sidewall. Better ride when airing down some and going off road. I like the look too.

Nd79

Reaction score
I am running 17's on mine. I prefer the extra sidewall. Better ride when airing down some and going off road. I like the look too.
Will 17" wheels like the power wagon wheels clear the brakes on a 3500? Are they the same?

RRHO2020

Reaction score
I am not sure if the power wagon wheels will clear. I have ultra motorsports 195 aftermarket. I will say there is not a lot of room. The installers will need to be careful where they attach the weights.

MtnRider

Reaction score
I think the 18's are the best all around size. Good selection of tires, decent amount of sidewall (but not too much). I'd only do 20's if my tires were 35+ and 17's if it was more an off-road truck.

Users who are viewing this thread