Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12v dash power outlet

mguyfer

Reaction score
Hi I'm a new member 2019 megacab 2500 Cummins, I couldn't find what I needed in the forum, unless I missed it.
My 12v dash power outlet is not working, fuse is good, checked 12v power at the fuse that is good, but I get no power at the outlet, I've pulled the outlet, now power at tge feed wires either, only fuse box I can find is under the hood, I've looked under steering wheel and can't find one there. I'm a bit lost here and don't know what or where to check next. Anyone have any ideas here? I tried to follow the feed wired but they go deep behind the dash it seems. Am I missing a switch or? Really getting frustrated here. Thanks

PRS

Reaction score
Hi I'm a new member 2019 megacab 2500 Cummins, I couldn't find what I needed in the forum, unless I missed it.
My 12v dash power outlet is not working, fuse is good, checked 12v power at the fuse that is good, but I get no power at the outlet, I've pulled the outlet, now power at tge feed wires either, only fuse box I can find is under the hood, I've looked under steering wheel and can't find one there. I'm a bit lost here and don't know what or where to check next. Anyone have any ideas here? I tried to follow the feed wired but they go deep behind the dash it seems. Am I missing a switch or? Really getting frustrated here. Thanks
This should probably be in the general discussion forum, not the powertrains forum. Maybe we can get @Brutal_HO to move it to get you more exposure.
In the meantime, there is only the fuse in F90/F91 that feeds that receptacle. If the fuse is in F90 the socket should have power all the time. If the fuse is in F91 the socket will only have power in ACC or Run.
There is one connector between the main PDC connector and the socket, but I can’t point you to it.

mguyfer

Reaction score
This should probably be in the general discussion forum, not the powertrains forum. Maybe we can get @Brutal_HO to move it to get you more exposure.
In the meantime, there is only the fuse in F90/F91 that feeds that receptacle. If the fuse is in F90 the socket should have power all the time. If the fuse is in F91 the socket will only have power in ACC or Run.
There is one connector between the main PDC connector and the socket, but I can’t point you to it.

mguyfer

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I didn't know where to post, I know where the fuse is and has power at the fuse

mguyfer

Reaction score
So the ground is good, seems the problem is in the hot wire, anyonone have a wiring diagram or schematic for a 2019 cummins limited?

Users who are viewing this thread