Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12" uconnect Cargo Camera non op, backup camera intermittent non op, blows trailer fuses

firehawkta81

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I know this is a popular issue on this forum, and why I signed up. I bought a new, 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie last July. Almost immediately I noticed my Cargo Camera didn't work. Called the dealer where I bought, long story short was told the truck will receive and update, and it will work. I had a lot of connectivity issues with my phone, the screen would go black, sometimes for minutes, sometimes for hours, and a couple time for days. I use the truck for work, I tow a trailer. the trailer is new, noticed trailer lights not working. Was absolutely convinced the trailer was at fault. Took the trialer in, no issues found. Also, intermittently The back up camera doesnt work also.

The truck was taken into the dealer I bought it from in February 23, 11k miles. Complained about the Cargo Camera, reverse camera, connectivity issues. (still was convinced the trailer was the issue at this time). Also had the oil changed, tires rotated and fuel filter replaced. Dealer had the truck for 6 days, replaced the cameras. Was ultimately told the truck was waiting for an update, no ETA for update, and was told no more work to be performed.

Not happy or satisfied with this evaluation, I waited a month its now late March, still no update and no fix the truck is still having all the issues. I took it into a different dealer, for a second opinion and then added the trailer issue. They had the truck for close to 20 days total, took it in multiple times waiting for parts. They replaced the cameras, was told they know there is a short somewhere, they ended up replacing the wiring harness above the headliner.. No fix. they removed the headliner for a second time, had an engineer from chrysler come look at the truck, was told it needs a module, but it's on backorder, no ETA.

its now May, I ended up taking the truck back to the original dealer. Told again, waiting for update, nothing more they can do. No ETA and the truck is still doing all these things

As you all know, these are expensive trucks. I am so disappointed in the truck and the dealers. Anyone have these issues with a fix? Anyone have these issues and go lemon law? whats was the outcome?

Wheelz

Reaction score
I feel the pain..I'm still waiting for the heater grid recall done to my truck. 30 days and still counting...:we'll call you went we get parts in hand"...

mountainears

Reaction score
Check the version yourself, it can be manually updated but need to know the version number first to be sure where you’re at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread