Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12" UC5 coming for the 2019+ guys

UglyViking

Reaction score
I was poking around as I'm prepping my "summer mods" list, getting everything prepped for a big collection of mods, and decided to poke around about the new UC5 to see if anyone has done the swap. Apparently infotainment has a kit that should be available in the next few days that I found by accident, and according to the support guy I chatted with was supposed to be released about 2 weeks ago but they had some delays getting everything together and onto the website. No idea on pricing or exact availability date, but figured I'd share for anyone interested.

Actual link, Link I added to the internet Archive in case it was taken down

I'm curious about the actual price of the unit, and I need to review and see where the UC5 stands in terms of bugs as of the moment. I've been interested in the 12" screen but the UC4 was always a little slow from what I saw. I'm still not sure that I'll do the swap myself, since I really love the physical buttons for the heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel, but figured I'd share for everyone.

Last edited:

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Check your link… it’s the gorilla glue from the ball thread.

g00fy

Reaction score
I'll bet it's going to be around $3k. It seems like whenever infotainment comes out with something like this it's roughly double what it costs to source your own parts and input the settings in alfaobd. IIRC it cost me just under $1500 to source all the parts to do this swap in my 2019 last year. I just can't justify paying double to avoid a little legwork.

That being said, I'm probably going to bite the bullet and get their kit when they offer the full digital cluster conversion since finding that cluster seems like it's going to be extremely difficult.

UglyViking

Reaction score
I'll bet it's going to be around $3k. It seems like whenever infotainment comes out with something like this it's roughly double what it costs to source your own parts and input the settings in alfaobd. IIRC it cost me just under $1500 to source all the parts to do this swap in my 2019 last year. I just can't justify paying double to avoid a little legwork.

That being said, I'm probably going to bite the bullet and get their kit when they offer the full digital cluster conversion since finding that cluster seems like it's going to be extremely difficult.
Yeah, I am not sure exactly what is involved. I had a conversation with @Jimmy07 about this like a year ago. I think you needed the head unit and another unit, can't recall what for, and some cables that are DIY or custom from someone. It appeared feasible, just with a bit of legwork. I was curious to see the price of their kit and compare it to the DIY route.

Honestly, I'm still not sure about the 12" screen, haven't followed close enough to know if they got the bugs worked out, but I'm starting to more seriously consider it. To be honest, I'm not sure why besides I think it looks cool.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
yah, it's not going to be cheep.

is there a parts list handy for the 12"? I swapped to the 8.4 years ago. curious what current cost would be for the 12.

Users who are viewing this thread