Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12 Pin Connector to a 4 Pin Connector

Tater86

Reaction score
Recently picked up my 2023 and much to my disliking the truck came with a 7 and 12 pin connector instead of a 7 and 4 pin connector. Not sure why it came with the 12 pin since I didn't order any towing camera option on my truck. Anyway, does anyone know if you can successfully change out the 12 pin connector for a 4 pin connector? I have no intent of ever using that 12 pin connector.

Thanks!

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Recently picked up my 2023 and much to my disliking the truck came with a 7 and 12 pin connector instead of a 7 and 4 pin connector. Not sure why it came with the 12 pin since I didn't order any towing camera option on my truck. Anyway, does anyone know if you can successfully change out the 12 pin connector for a 4 pin connector? I have no intent of ever using that 12 pin connector.

Thanks!

I’ve looked into this and it seems like it’s plug and play since the 4-pin gets its power from the same wiring harness.

I lost interest when I was told the price thou, can’t recall exactly what it was but I figured it would be cheaper to convert my only 4 pin trailer to a 7 pin.

EC716A46-376A-4645-B8CB-77825AB86871.jpeg

Tater86

Reaction score
Oh boy! I'll have to look into that option. I like cheaper, haha. Thanks for the heads up!

mountainears

Reaction score
Just get the adapter and keep it attached to the 4 pin trailer (a little electrical tape). Will always be there when you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread