Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12” Screen & Sirius/XM

B Mac

Reaction score
Have a 2022 2500 Longhorn Limted and have had two issues…one with the screen and one with Sirius/XM…at least three times my scren has gone black while on the road,…no control over anything…went the on/off route…nothing…short of pulling over a restarting I’ve not found a cure while in the cab…dealer said “these things are like tablets and update”….great unless you want somr f’in radio info,etc….fired it up today and all was good except no audio from any Sirius Station…FM had audio…got it reset but th CS girl gave me a heads up they’ve been having audio “isuues’ with the 1550 & 2500…Am I in bizarro world or has this happened to any ther owner(s)?

Thx in advance

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hello B Mac,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. We are sorry to hear that your having some issues with your truck. Please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I've had my screen go black a few times on my U connect 4.

There is a button on the pannel to blank the screen. I'd hit that and it would come back on. Not sure if it was accidently getting pushed or not.

Only happened a few times.

B Mac

Reaction score
Hello B Mac,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. We are sorry to hear that your having some issues with your truck. Please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares
vin is 3C6UR5GJ5NG181027...what is PM?
Thx

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
vin is 3C6UR5GJ5NG181027...what is PM?
Thx
B Mac,

Thank you for providing us with you VIN, we'd preferred if you send us a Private Message, that way your not giving out your personal information to the public. Can you please send us a Private message with your Uconnect system information, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

Put your vehicle into the ON or ACC position and perform the following--

Go to “Vehicle Settings” then select “ System
Information” and look for “Version Information”

William
Ram Cares

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I've had my screen go black a few times on my U connect 4.

There is a button on the pannel to blank the screen. I'd hit that and it would come back on. Not sure if it was accidently getting pushed or not.

Only happened a few times.
Hello Crusty old shellback,

Please send us a PM with your VIN, along with your Uconnect software information, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

Put your vehicle into the ON or ACC position and perform the following--

Go to “Vehicle Settings” then select “ System
Information” and look for “Version Information”

William
Ram Cares

BigSexy 64

Reaction score
Have a 2022 2500 Longhorn Limted and have had two issues…one with the screen and one with Sirius/XM…at least three times my scren has gone black while on the road,…no control over anything…went the on/off route…nothing…short of pulling over a restarting I’ve not found a cure while in the cab…dealer said “these things are like tablets and update”….great unless you want somr f’in radio info,etc….fired it up today and all was good except no audio from any Sirius Station…FM had audio…got it reset but th CS girl gave me a heads up they’ve been having audio “isuues’ with the 1550 & 2500…Am I in bizarro world or has this happened to any ther owner(s)?

Thx in advance
I also had the no audio on Sirius yesterday. But today it was working. And a few times after answering a call when call is ended the radio will not come back on. Have to turn it off and back on. 2022 PW L3.

Discoveryone

Reaction score

Thx in advance
Yes my screen will go blank for a few seconds and return. My RAM
has 240 miles on it

cj8rockcrawler

Reaction score
I've had mine go black once and had to restart to get it to turn on again.

I have the same issue with Sirius XM after a call as well. I switch to FM and back to Sirius xm and it works again. I'll try turning the radio off and on again next time to see if that works as well.

Reaction score
I had issues with my screen as well. It would go black and I’d have to shut the truck off to get it to work. Sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn’t. I’ve had the truck since March of 22. I had the dealership do a factory reset on it back in July and haven’t had an issue with it since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread