Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1” traxda level on stock shocks

Benitslu

Reaction score
Anyone running this set up? If so, how do you like it? I have the hemi with off road package/bilstsien shocks.
Wanted the Thuren kit, but 2” is as short as they make them and I want to maintain some rake for my camper.
Will be adding 295/65 Toyo AT3’s also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I have the traxada 1” front spacer and fox 2.0 IFP shocks
~factory length rear shocks
~2” longer front shocks
I like it. Well made spacers.

Last edited:

woody284

Reaction score
I just installed the 1” with what sounds like the same setup as yours. I’m on stock size 275-18s. I did not notice any major change in ride. I feel like I feel the difference although only 1” when I’m in the seat compared to outside the truck. Kinda subtle. Around here more so in the city when turning from the road into a parking lot there is a dip. Road kinda slants off, then about 8 inch wide flat for water runoff then an inclined ramp before your flat again. ( maybe I explained that well enough, curbs higher than the road). When turning in, to the right I have noticed a clunk. My assumption is the factory shock is bottoming out. It’s slow speed but noticeable. I may look for longer front shocks before too long as I assume that would fix it.

Benitslu

Reaction score
I have the traxada 1” front spacer and fox 2.0 IFP shocks
~factory length rear shocks
~2” longer front shocks
I like it. Well made spacers.

Good to know. If they dont work, I will order new shocks.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Looks good. My stock rake is 2 1/4”.
Also, what did you do to align the truck yourself?

I was around there, I initially ordered a 2” level kit. Between the truck possibly settling and the front bumper I ended up closer to 1-7/8” rake before install.

As far as alignment, I used some very fancy high tech equipment and highly accurate laser calibrated eyeballs
image.jpg

aaronedmonton

Reaction score
I have a 21 Hemi Tradesman
I did a 2in level
Truck sits perfectly level unloaded right now
1in spacer should be good if you want to maintain some rake
The ride is stiffer now but I have not bottomed out with my stock shocks

Edit: I don’t have the off-road package tho

Last edited:

woody284

Reaction score
The other option would be bilstein 5100's. They work at stock height and with the 1" spacer.
Been looking into Bilstein 5100 vs Fox 2.0. Appears most consider the Bilsteins more for on road and occasional off-road and Fox for harder off-roading and little stiffer. Bilstein are about $100 cheaper for the pair are steel body where Fox is aluminum. The kicker right now is the Bilstein shocks are nationwide back order for 12 to 14 weeks it seems.

Other note is I’m having trouble finding ones that say they are for a 1-1.5 inch lift. Most say 2-3” lift. May have to chat with a tech on one of the websites tomorrow and make sure I’m looking at the right ones.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Been looking into Bilstein 5100 vs Fox 2.0. Appears most consider the Bilsteins more for on road and occasional off-road and Fox for harder off-roading and little stiffer. Bilstein are about $100 cheaper for the pair are steel body where Fox is aluminum. The kicker right now is the Bilstein shocks are nationwide back order for 12 to 14 weeks it seems.

Other note is I’m having trouble finding ones that say they are for a 1-1.5 inch lift. Most say 2-3” lift. May have to chat with a tech on one of the websites tomorrow and make sure I’m looking at the right ones.
If you want to spend the money for fox's go for it. They will probably be worth it over the bilsteins. I was just giving another option. They don't "make" one for under 2" of lift. I ran them for 2 or 3 years at stock height on my 2014 without issue. They worked fine when I put the 1" spacer on too.

woody284

Reaction score
Yeah it seems to be the outcome. Who is the best person to order from. Previous forums I have been on had a vendor section or even some had forum discounts.

Users who are viewing this thread