Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. BigBlack

Nexen tire wear

Anyone run into this issue with the way the tires are wearing? I rotate my tires and keep them inflated to spec. I’ve heard on other forums that it could be a ball joint issue but I would hope not. My other Ram I had did the same thing but it was a 1500. This is a dually and seldom tow with it...
  2. BigBlack

Front drive shaft

I would keep an eye out for anything leaking prior and after driving, but chances are it may be a puddle of oil that you may have gone over.
  3. BigBlack

Front drive shaft

Ok glad I know what I’m looking at now. I took several pics for this reason and it looks identical
  4. BigBlack

Front drive shaft

Thank you for clarifying
  5. BigBlack

Front drive shaft

Ok so I’m not going crazy
  6. BigBlack

Front drive shaft

I’ve got a picture of what I got, seems that you may have to turn the shaft to get to it? On the picture, this is the only thing I have found so far.
  7. BigBlack

Front drive shaft

Those are hard to find!
  8. BigBlack

Front drive shaft

Trying to follow the recommended maintenance on my truck I ran into a problem maybe someone can solve. It says lubricate front drive shaft for 4x4. Ive looked everywhere for the grease serts and could not find any anywhere. Are the 19s sealed? I’ve searched several online videos that have them...
  9. BigBlack

Fuel filters

Doing the filter changes my self for first time. Anyone have any tips or advice before hand would be appreciated. Just bought the front and rear filters for $106 including shipping, Mopar, from dieselfiltersonline.com with 2 day shipping. Couldn’t find it any better.
  10. BigBlack

Now the drivers seat will not move!

Well nothing found on the seat besides that it’s working before and after it went into the dealership. They did all the recalls on it it got rid of my tire sensor light, electronic throttle control light, and remote start now works.
  11. BigBlack

Well, I ohmed out the fuse for the seat controls and reseated back in and what do you know, it works again. I’m thinking the motor may be going intermittent. It’s going in the shop for a electronic throttle control light I have on dash, remote start works but truck turns off after about 10...
  12. BigBlack

it happened early in morning while leaving for work so didn’t troubleshoot it. Thanks for the info. I’ll look this afternoon.
  13. BigBlack

Anyone having issues with the 2019s on the drivers side electric seat. The knobs will not move my seat back and forth for adjustments. My wife drove my truck last and she is short. So of coarse the seat is all the way up to the steering wheel and now I can’t even drive it!!!! Pisses me off.
  14. BigBlack

Rear sliding window

Anyone having trouble with their electronic rear sliding window? Mine opens but has trouble closing. I noticed it was getting hung up and now you have to help it to get it closed. Maybe a little lube on the tracks?
  15. BigBlack

Gearing and tires

Average cost for 3.73 to 4.10? Roughly. My plan is once the factory tires run down replace them with a bit bigger tire. 33 but beefy with no lift. Hopefully that will get me through to 100k mi where I wont worry about warranty issues. After that definitely upgrade to 35 with 3 in lift. I know...
  16. BigBlack

Gearing and tires

I searched for anyone talking about this subject and couldn’t find anything. What gearing ratio should you have on 35 inch tires for a dually? I have the 3.7 gears but I’ve heard for you may need higher for 35 and up on tires.
  17. BigBlack

Fuel filter

Do you do your own change out?
  18. BigBlack

Fuel filter

I need to check, bad news is that the front got changed out and not the rear because the place I took it to ordered the wrong one.
  19. BigBlack

Fuel filter

I do
  20. BigBlack

Fuel filter

I do