Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. 2

Bouncing

Not that hard but enough that I’m willing to tolerate some harshness at times. Also thinking of loading the bed enough so that the sumos sit on the axles. Sand bags or something. I think the issue in my case is that unloaded is not truly unloaded. I‘ve got a Bed Slide, Retrax tonneau cover and a...
  2. 2

Bouncing

OP here. Ended up putting in Bilsteins front and back, and Sumos in the back. Huge difference when towing. Super noticeable. Truck doesn’t bounce all over the road when hitting potholes or bad expansion joints. That said, it is for sure making the ride harsher unloaded, like right now. Trailer...
  3. 2

Cummins caught emissions cheating - fined 1.67 billion mega thread.

Wondered that myself. Haven’t got any data either but could it be most of the pre-19 diesel but then only the HO between 2019 and 2023?
  4. 2

Cummins caught emissions cheating - fined 1.67 billion mega thread.

I think they use device in the broadest sense. Doesn’t have to be a physical thing. It could be lines of code.
  5. 2

2021 RAM 2500 Diesel Shock Torque Specs

lol Yes, I know that much. The specs above show two types of nuts for the shocks, tower and stem. I was asking about those two. What’s the difference between the two. To install Bilstein shocks on a 2021 2500, I assume I’m going for the stem nut spec, which is simply to tighten and then turn...
  6. 2

I get that. I was asking about the two types of nuts in the list above. One says stem nut and the other mounting nut.
  7. 2

Newbie question. What’s the difference between shock mounting nuts and shock mounting bolts? I’m installing Bilsteins this weekend…
  8. 2

Isn’t it odd that the difference is that big for front and rear?
  9. 2

Bouncing

Thanks. For my purposes, would your reco I put sumos and/or air bags front and back or just back?
  10. 2

Bouncing

Thanks again. Would Sumo springs achieve the same result?
  11. 2

Bouncing

Thanks for this. if I understand what you’re suggesting, air would help absorb suspension movement once the trailer is properly hitched up and WDH dialed?
  12. 2

Bouncing

I’m saying the front axle is 100# lighter with WD applied than the truck without anything on the ball. My trailer comes in at 6450# and the TW is at 1000#. That’s on the higher end I realize that. Could be the culprit in your opinion?
  13. 2

Bouncing

Thanks and yep, I’ve done the weighing. Transferring 300# back to the front axle bringing the truck 100# from its unlashed up state. No expert but I think the WD is nicely tuned. For Bilsteins, the right model would be the B6 4600?
  14. 2

Bouncing

I’m at 65 which is the sticker recommended pressure on mine. I tried running lower, 55, and it didn’t make a whole lot of difference.
  15. 2

Bouncing

Hey all. Own a 2021 2500 Cummins Limited with no air suspension. I only use it to two my 25' Airstream (975# TW and 7300# GWVR). I love the truck. We do a lot of long trips and the range is awesome. It's also very reliable. Haven't had one thing break down in over 30K miles. That said, I'm...
  16. 2

Lowering PSI

To continue on the axle weight ratings theme, here’s mine (21 Cummins Limited, 6.4 bed) with the truck on a half tank and all cargo removed: F 4960 R 3748
  17. 2

Lowering PSI

Thanks. Lowered front to 55 and rear to 50. Quite please with handling and ride now. Question. Is AlphaOBD the only way to get rid of the resulting low pressure warning? Do dealers normally accept to modify the threshold?
  18. 2

Lowering PSI

Given there’s more weight on the back, should it not be the reverse?
  19. 2

Lowering PSI

Helpful, tx. It’s a short bed. And you need 50 front, 55 rear correct?
  20. 2

Lowering PSI

Thanks. Tongue weight is for sure 950. Measured several times through different methods. Once I’ve played around with tire pressure a bit more, I may adjust the Equalizer but off by a thousand you think? The front axle should be heavier than the back, and by that much?