Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. TexMarQue

Water stained headliner near rear window

I’ve also got a water stain on my headliner, but it’s not centered by the brake light. It appears to be more on the passenger side. Is there anyplace else this could be coming from? I’ve also got a lot of road/wind noise coming from the back of the truck. Any possible relation? I feel like...
  2. TexMarQue

Michelin Agilis CrossClimate vs LTX

The LTXs had good reviews.
  3. TexMarQue

It was actually the less positive reviews on Michelin's site that prevented me from taking the gamble. Even though Discount lists them as the #1 recommendation, the Michelin site only has 12 reviews on them with a 2.8 star average. The LTX's had over 800 reviews with a 4.6 star average.
  4. TexMarQue

I ended up ordering the LTX tires. I'd really like to try the CrossClimate tires, but they are too new on the market for me to believe Discount's claims of a 96k median tire life, especially on a tire with no mileage warranty. I'll give them another look in 2-3 years when I've worn the treads...
  5. TexMarQue

Has anyone actually installed either of these? I'm replacing the factory Transforce ATs at 36k. I've found a couple threads where the Michelin Agilis CrossClimates are mentioned, but can't find any posts that actually give a follow-up review. I've had Michelin's on my last couple of trucks...
  6. TexMarQue

Forward collision Auto-stop video

I'd be sending that video to your insurance company. They should fight that being your fault. You were following at a safe distance until that jackwagon cut you off. They may also subrogate against Ram if the system didn't perform as intended.
  7. TexMarQue

8.5” vs 12” touchscreen

I've got the 8 inch, and I am happy with it. The 12 sure looks pretty, but the 8 was a huge upgrade for me coming from a 2006 that had no screen. Without having used a 12 inch myself, the only thing I have seen in the promo videos that I'm a little jealous of is the ability to split the screen...
  8. TexMarQue

Carpet Wear vs Floor Mat Coverage

Do you have the bench seat? I had the husky liners in my 2006, and they had a piece that went over the transmission hump. Of course, it was extra, and it won't work if you've got the center console. I've got the Mopar all weather mats currently, but am considering getting just the hump liner...
  9. TexMarQue

Black/Night Edition OEM Running boards?

Post pics when you get them on. They were pricey, but I’m glad I went that route.
  10. TexMarQue

Black/Night Edition OEM Running boards?

The running boards are numbers 6MP94KXJAA and 6MP95KXJAA (left and right, not sure which is which). The mounting hardware is 68193128AB.
  11. TexMarQue

Expected MPG: 6.4/3.73

I remember the original story referenced in this video, and found this interesting. It's about the F150, but I don't see how it won't be similar to what we are getting as Ram starts going this way...
  12. TexMarQue

Tow Mirror Dissasembly/Painting/Wrapping

I've gotten a couple of quotes to have the chrome portions of the mirror wrapped with black vinyl. Quotes range from 60 to 80 usd per mirror.
  13. TexMarQue

Auto Wipers and Tint

Update...Went back to the installer thinking I was going to need to have the tint cut around the mirror. Didn't want to try to freehand cut a circle myself because I can't draw a circle to save my life. Took the mirror off and found that the sensor wasn't seated properly. We also discovered...
  14. TexMarQue

Screen Protectors

Was there a logo on the screen protector?
  15. TexMarQue

Auto Wipers and Tint

A great answer with sources cited. Thank you, Riveyman. I've also been looking on one of the 1500 forums, and see mixed results with tinting over there, too. Going to try cutting a circle around the area where the sensor is. No idea when it will rain again, but I'll try to remember to...
  16. TexMarQue

Auto Wipers and Tint

So I pulled the trigger and got ceramic tint installed on all the windows, including the windshield. Today was the first time it has rained since the tint was installed and my auto wipers aren't working properly. I'm guessing that this means the sensor for the wipers is hidden behind the giant...
  17. TexMarQue

Speedometer/Odometer Calibration and Tuning

And I just checked on their website...it now lists the option behind the radio as the 2018 RAM Bypass Module, and another OBDII T-Harness Bypass Install for the 2019. Both are in the box. https://www.zautomotive.com/product/tazer-ram/ Good Luck!
  18. TexMarQue

I ordered mine on Black Friday. It came with both. The instructions were pretty unclear that they had provided 2 options, and that it was an either/or. I did clarify with them prior to installing it. The behind the radio option looks to be the better produced version, but as has been hit on...
  19. TexMarQue

My Tazer came with the security bypass module. 2 different types actually. One like the link you shared and another that required getting behind the radio. The downside is that they recommend uninstalling and unmarrying the Tazer from the vehicle every time it goes to the dealer. Love the...
  20. TexMarQue

Aux Switches

There is a clear misunderstanding here. Your switches are wired. The stuff in the bag is what you need to attach your accessories to your switches. Those ports are what Marshfly posted a photo of. The switches and bag of goodies basically make all your basic exterior accessories plug and play.