Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. T

Cab removal to find Oil leak?

https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-poor-2019-in-for-an-oil-leak.13128/#post-242061
  2. T

has anyone received a 23 with the new tow mirrors?

I have Laramie mirrors on my 2019 2500. Power fold, blind spot, heated, memory, chrome. I'm debating getting the GM replacements from Boost Auto and would be looking to sell my originals. Interested?
  3. T

My poor 2019 in for an oil leak...

Here are a few more pictures. Being a bit of a perfectionist myself, my real concerns are the experience of the technician, the attention to detail upon reassembly, and the general mess that their shop is. They were also looking for a leak at the rear of the engine, so taking the cab off was...
  4. T

It's a Ram dealership, but it's the gasket up next to the engine block. The cam shaft has to be pulled. I wasn't pleased about the cab pulloff, but it's a warranty job...
  5. T

My 2019 mega cab is at the dealership for an oil leak between the block & timing case, and also for the CP4 recall. Hard to see it in this state...
  6. T

Anyone here go backwards or downgrade?

You will absolutely hate the pre-2019 transmission gear ratios in with the 6.4L.
  7. T

What's the most annoying thing about your truck?

My A/C is ok after the TSB work. I also have a shutoff valve on my heater core. Really helps. I have the horn honk issue turned off with AlphaOBD. I really hate the lack of telescoping wheel, knee hitting the 4WD buttons, and the fact that the clock can't keep time.
  8. T

Winch

I had the EcoHitch on my 2019 for a while until I went with a full winch bumper. It is winch rated for 10,000lb and is a bit higher off the ground than other front hitches: https://www.etrailer.com/Front-Receiver-Hitch/Ram/2500/2019/EH37FR.html?VehicleID= I have my old one for sale if you're...
  9. T

Battery Saver Mode

Revisiting my post above. My battery saver mode would come on reliably every cold morning at about the same distance from home. After I did the steps above, I haven't seen the message again.
  10. T

Battery Saver Mode

I don't want to jinx myself, but I may have found a solution--at least for my truck. I took a closer look at the IBS sensor on the driver's side neg battery post. The wiring harness to it was pulled pretty tight, and I found where it looks like the pigtail had been cut off and a new one...
  11. T

Battery Saver Mode

Add me to the list. I have a 2019 2500 Laramie. New batteries in Feb 2021. I have the grid heater power removed from the relay on the grid heater side. I still get the battery saver darn near every cold morning even with the block heater plugged in overnight. I tried using a battery tender...
  12. T

Radio Fuse Location on 22 2500?

I had a problem with the radio one time in my 2019 and found fuse F84 blown (15A). Might be a place to start. I believe it was HVAC / ICS or something similar.
  13. T

Another CP4 Thread.. Post your mileage on your CP4 truck.

44,000 miles on my 2019 2500. First diesel truck I've owned. I use the Hot Shots EDT lubricity additive with every tank. No problems so far; love the truck.
  14. T

Dust entering cab -- 2021/2500 Crew Cab

Perhaps it's just a mega-cab thing...
  15. T

Don't pop the vent covers off, seal the hole inside the cab directly across from the covers.
  16. T

The 'check valves' in the back bulkhead are for pressure relief, yes. The holes I mentioned are in the door opening sill. These holes were probably intended to have a sealing grommet.
  17. T

I noticed the same thing on my mega cab. If you follow this vent to the inside of the cab, there's a hole where a retainer clip goes into to hold down the interior door sill trim piece. This hole goes straight through to this vent. I sealed the inner hole with some silicone and then snapped...
  18. T

Climate control settings reset between starts

So glad you found it! I found that fuse by accidentally swapping the HVAC connector and 8.4" screen connector when I removed the center console one time. What engineer decided to put interchangeable plugs so close together?!?
  19. T

Climate control settings reset between starts

This is going to sound crazy, but there is a separate fuse for the HVAC control panel. Don't remember which one it is, but it's in the fuse block under the hood. Mine was blown (a 15 amp I think) and my HVAC was working similar to how you describe. You might also use a code reader and see if...