Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. AndyS

Tradesman upgrade to 8.4

Just installed the 8.4 into my '19 Tradesman using the above listed parts from b307a1. The radio was on a long back order. Ordered in Aug, arrived last week. Loving the Apple carplay! Anywho, all installed and seems to be working good except for the backup camera. The clarity is awesome, but it...
  2. AndyS

AUX SWITCHES - WHAT DO YOU HAVE CONNECTED??

Thanks! Its been an awesome truck. I was curious about the yellow vs white and after some researching the consensus was yellow was better in fog conditions. Some good youtube vids on the subject.
  3. AndyS

AUX SWITCHES - WHAT DO YOU HAVE CONNECTED??

Added fogs. Wired up to aux 1.
  4. AndyS

Oil Leak

No sir, just the one.
  5. AndyS

Oil Leak

Check the plug jadmt mentioned. You can see it from the pass side wheel well.
  6. AndyS

Oil Leak

Only thing we can think of is that the oil filter didn't seal correctly. The filter was tight and all was good for a couple weeks until it started spraying all all over. So far it's been good with the new filter on. There was some residual drips but that is all gone now.
  7. AndyS

Oil Leak

Went for a ride today and when I got back home looked under the truck. The cross member had some oil on it. Hoping its just residual that leaked previously. Filter is dry. The plug jadmt was talking about shows some oil around it but not a leak that was spraying everywhere. I'll keep an eye on...
  8. AndyS

Oil Leak

Switched out filters. Cleaned up area around the filter best I could. Always used WIX XP, tonight had to use Fram Ultra as that was what I could get locally. So far no drips. Let the truck run for awhile and then moved it to a clean area in the driveway. I'll go outside in a bit and check...
  9. AndyS

Oil Leak

Oil change was done on August 7th. It's been dry as a bone until a couple days ago. Just put the truck on ramps and fired it up and it immediately started dripping from the area of the oil filter. Im going to change filters and see what happens. And yep will be cleaning with brake fluid afterwards.
  10. AndyS

Oil Leak

Another set of pics looking from the back to front pass side
  11. AndyS

Oil Leak

About a month or so ago did an oil change on my 19 2500 with the 6.4. Today I noticed a oil smell from the front of the truck and sure enough there is an oil leak. Was very wet on the pass side of the engine. I thought the oil filter might be loose but it's nice and tight. Any ideas on where it...
  12. AndyS

MOPAR - MAXCARE - Zeigler - Extended Warranty Merged Mega Thread

Yes I bought it last March. I had bought the truck Sep 2019. I went with the Maximum care and 200 deductible.
  13. AndyS

MOPAR - MAXCARE - Zeigler - Extended Warranty Merged Mega Thread

I got the factory extended warranty. https://chryslerwarrantydirect.com/
  14. AndyS

Octane requirements for the 6.4 Hemi???

2019 manual says 89. I wonder what changed in the 2020's?
  15. AndyS

Bed step safety recall - W24 - W26 - W44

Message sent. Thank you Kaitlin!!
  16. AndyS

Received my letter from FCA for the Bed Step Kit recall. Took the truck into the dealer this morning and ran into a problem. The dealer ran the VIN and said there were no recalls on the truck. I showed the letter and explained that I had bought the kit online from another dealer and installed...
  17. AndyS

Dash speaker upgrade?

Hi folks, looking for recommendations on upgrading the the dash corner speakers in a 2019 Tradesman. Thanks!
  18. AndyS

Any tall guys found issue with lack of headroom/legroom?

6'7" / 36" inseam. This is the roomiest truck I've ever had. Having no center console helps a lot. I tried a Laramie with the console and was uncomfortable. Way better headroom too than my Y2K 2500 Cummins had.
  19. AndyS

Tradesman seats?

Just hit 18,000 miles and am very happy with the seats. Nice and comfy. Zero complaints!
  20. AndyS

So the answer is....Received recall notice in the mail today. It says "The remedy for this condition is not currently available". They are still finalizing the remedy and will send notification when the fix is available.