Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. T

Viewing system info and software version

My 2020 2500 8.4 with NAV just got an update last night. This is the second update I've see it do (over the air) since I bought the truck in Dec. 2020. Curious if any changes as this uconnect does not play nice with CarPlay and my new iPhone 15 Pro. Doesn't see the phone connected about half...
  2. T

A/C always runs when fan is on - how to get fresh air only?

Yah, this is what I'm used to. As I said earlier, even tho the AC indication light is turning off when MAX AC is enabled, I'm pretty sure the AC stays running. I just find it very strange that the indication is turning off.
  3. T

There is no physical MAX AC button/light. (If thats what you mean.) The only mention of MAX AC is on the climate control page in the infotainment system. I tap it, all physical AC lights turn off. If you then switch to a different tab, say CarPlay, it appears as tho you have the air blasting but...
  4. T

When I hit "MAX A/C" the light on my AC knob goes out. lol. Tho, I'm not convinced the AC is actually off. You'd think the AC light would stay on when max AC is on. 2020 Ram 2500 with the 8.4" infotainment.
  5. T

New recall 11/10/2022 for the 68RFE ** UPDATED INFO IN 1ST POST **

Got this completed today along with the DEF software recall. All recalls on my truck are complete as of now and I'm feeling pretty satisfied!
  6. T

Crap Firestone Transforce tires

These tire shops I'm dealing with are really struggling with my nitpick of having white letter r20" tires. I want to replace the Transforce tires with something else. Was looking for Ko2's but apparently the manufacturers just go all black sidewall for this size? The last shop I was at looked...
  7. T

Service Def System See Dealer message

Mines booked in for this software issue as well as the transmission dipstick recall.
  8. T

Service Def System See Dealer message

I got a recall letter in the mail a couple days ago regarding this.
  9. T

Tire Recommendation

Hey there! I am also doing the exact same thing on my 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie Night edition. Looking to use factory wheels. I am leaning towards the BFGoodrich KO2 with the white letters tho. That's my plan anyway.
  10. T

The guy running the desk did in fact say "Blame Justin" and I'm not even kidding, he did actually say that hahaha
  11. T

Got new tires for my wifes SUV today and while I was at their shop, asked the guy running the desk to do me up a quote for the BFG KO2's and it came to $2300CAD. (285/60R20) I knew it would be expensive but damn.
  12. T

Lets see what you are towing!

More hauling than towing. Can't remember if I posted this pic here before. This was from some time ago.
  13. T

Granite Crystal Metallic — Let's see your aftermarket wheels

^ Thanks for that pic. I’m thinking something similar, but I also want white lettering on the sidewalls.
  14. T

Granite Crystal Metallic — Let's see your aftermarket wheels

Good thread. I also have the granite crystal metallic with the night edition package. I have been wanting to get rid of the transforce tires and go with something else but keep the oem wheels.
  15. T

Headlamps & DRLs - rant and fixes

Yah it all starts making sense when you start doing it. What can get confusing is the AlfaOBD menus and what needs to be enabled. The settings you want to switch within the AlfaOBD app is discussed on page 5 of this thread. There's also a ton of other stuff you can change within the app but...
  16. T

Only the kickplate above your knees to get better access to the bus power bank to plug in the bypass harness. Comes off easy... 60 second job. Two screws on the very bottom to take out. Pull from bottom and the snaps will come out. You can just let it dangle while you plug in the bypass harness...
  17. T

Read it all. There are essentially two ways of doing it with the Canadian trucks. Once into the settings, there is the option of enabling the headlights to be the American version, which gets you a toggle on the Uconnect settings 'lighting' page. Toggling it on or off turns the low beam on or...
  18. T

Cool, mine is also a '20 2500. Did you have a read thru this thread? Lots of good info here.
  19. T

The OBDlink MX+ is on amazon.ca. You can use a laptop to get the ALfaOBD software, tho I have no experience with it on PC. I ended up getting an android tablet from walmart, the ONN android go tablet. Was CAD$100. It more portable and I use it for all my vehicles diagnostics, Ford Fiesta, Mitsu...