Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. M

High Output (AISIN) vs Standard (68rfe)

Opps sorry. The Ford had the 7.3L gas motor. Had another truck (old International Flatbed) to use for dozer hauling but it was an old 7.3 non turbo and it was slow. The 7.3L gas was ok, but the DRW was needed to be on the highway legally. So went back to the Ram 3500 DRW with the better fuel...
  2. M

This is a good tread. I bought my 2020 Ram 3500 to be able to haul my 17000 lb dozer between farms leagally. Then the CP4 failures raised there head and I was able to trade for a F-350 SRW. So lost my hauling ability for legality. Was able to trade back to a 2021 Ram3500. LOL, 3 trucks in a...
  3. M

CP4 to CP-ISB21S3 (revised CP3) change for 2021 6.7L Diesel Trucks -- Merged Threads

I have a new HO 2021 and it is the CP-ISB21S3 (new CP3).
  4. M

CP4 to CP-ISB21S3 (revised CP3) change for 2021 6.7L Diesel Trucks -- Merged Threads

I just got another Ram 3500, a 2021. Looked at Ford diesel. They put a lift pump at fuel tank on them in 2020. Anyway, as a mechanic they look like a pain in the butt to do anything after warranty. I worked on the Cummins for years and 6 in a row is the way to go.
  5. M

I'm back...

I"M BACK.... I feel like Arnold...... Just picked up my 2021 RAM 3500 DRW w HO Cummins/ Aisin trans. Had a 2020 and traded it off (got tired of the CP4 waiting), missed the DRW stability when towing and exhaust brake so...... life is too short.
  6. M

If you read what I said,,,,, It would be nice is FCA does anything at all, is to not void the warranty if a person goes the CP3 route. That is what I would do if I still had mine. Loved the truck, but had a friend who had their CP4 fail. Being my first DRW it was definitely a very stable...
  7. M

If FCA does nothing about this at least they should allow the owner to install the CP3 conversion kit and not affect the warranty.
  8. M

Not just a generic repair, but leaving owners hanging with a pump that can let you down at a bad time or spot
  9. M

I wonder which replacement fuel pump the kit contains?
  10. M

Seems like as long as you are in the 2000 RPM range or below is the sweet spot for mileage.
  11. M

Trans question: I noticed the available 2021 Ram 3500 DRW seem to all be spec'd out without the HO/Aisin. When I bought my 2020 and a lot of discounts were going on, every DRW was HO/Aisin..... Just wondering if anyone else has seen this. My 2020 is gone now. (Was able to get a great tradi...
  12. M

My 2020 HO/Aisin towing similar 12K had 6th gear also in Tow haul mode with 4.10 gears
  13. M

It is not overclocked and a $300 kit takes car of glitter if it fails. Not that they are in the same denial on the CP4
  14. M

I heat you loud and clear. I miss my 2020 Ram but my replacement with gas motor will get the job done.
  15. M

I think the biggest downfall of the CP4 would be how they overclocked it. I presume for the pressure needed for the increase in torque and hp. Second fault is that the fuel goes thru the bottom end and when things let go it puts particles thru the fuel system. Both were poorly designed and...
  16. M

I agree with you 100%. This just took to long so far and I was able to trade. I changed my needs and a dealer that gave me a good trade. So far I am tickled with the F250 Tremor with the 7.3 gas. To pull my D4 I plan on exploring other options or having it hauled if needed. The a/c on my...
  17. M

It is a kit that includes some lines, adapter plate for front cover, and spacer for ECM from their instructions.
  18. M

From your previous posts I agree the Ford can be a little more expensive. On all diesels I have read one of the best upgrades is a Fass Fuel system. Lower micron filtering and stops aeration. On the Ram they recommend you drop the tank and modify the module to allow fuel pickup better. AS...
  19. M

Must be the overdriving of the pump that makes it worse than the Ford failures. A local pump shop I discussed the cp4 and he said if you have the CP4 on a Ford to get the bypass kit on it so if it becomes a glitter bomb it does not spread to the injectors. I think the S&S kit is $300 or so...
  20. M

I loved the Cummins too!!!! Just my needs changed and was more comfortable without the DRW. Thought the 7.3L gasser might be a better fit down the road. Will see. All brands can have issues and certain weak spots. And as a mechanic we know hear about them all, LOL A buddy at a Mercedes...